Pelosi warns GOP: Next president could declare national emergency on guns

Is it your “opinion” that immigration judges are being stonewalled? Do you have an idea of how many current positions for an immigration judge are available?

According to Trump, he doesn’t sound like he wants to hire “border judges”

And ultimately, we have to have a real border — not judges. Thousands and thousands of judges they want to hire. Who are these people? When we vet a single federal judge, it goes through a big process. Everybody that’s ever met her or him — they come, they complain, they don’t complain. They say he’s brilliant; she’s brilliant; he’s not smart enough to be a judge. Now we’re hiring thousands and thousands. What country does this? Judges. (Laughter.)

He seems to believe we have too many “border judges”

And it got so crazy that all of these thousands — we now have thousands of judges — border judges — thousands and thousands

Is Congress really stonewalling his border judges?

1 Like

What is “no”, Alex?

Do you think Americas enemies want our borders secured?

You are correct. We would have also accepted… The US doesn’t have thousands of immigration judges.

I understand your desire to try to change the subject to something else. A majority of Americans want a secure border without an inefficient wall.

Congress did its job representing the people on this issue.

They ALWAYS have, what is new about what Trump did?
Notice i didnt say i agreed with him. Just asking what new power did he use that others can now use.

It’s HOW he used the power that is the issue.

I know which side you’re arguing on, so this is a rhetorical question: if Nancy Pelosi is arguing that one amendment can be ignored via national emergency, why can’t another?

The power to appropriate funds for a purpose other than what Congress’ explicitly allocated them for. Immediately after Congress explicitly allocated far less money for that same purpose.

If you can’t see how that directly coops Congress’ “power of the purse”, I can’t help you.

1 Like

The same Congress that allowed this illegal immigration problem to turn in to a national emergency?

Pelosi is one of the politicians responsible for this illegal immigration mess, not sure why you would support her.

What was the beginning date of this “emergency”? I’m guessing Nov. 7, 2018?

I think you must be confused.

I don’t.

1954 This emergency started, if I post the link they will block it because of certain words. Look up event mass deportations in 1954.

Parse it however you want, but the majority of Americans do not want a wall.

Good news for you is that there are a lot of history books out there to provide some education.
The Founding Fathers didn’t have a political affiliation. Therefore, there was no way that they could have seen the Democratic Party as a threat because the Democratic Party was not established then.

I asked that in another thread and the response was blaming swamps and other things.
I responded that it would literally take 2 minutes to do and he (Trump) could have done it on Jan 21, 2017.
What did Trump do yesterday? Ramble on for 10 minutes or so, declared his precious emergency, then went golfing.
He could have done that 2 years ago.

1 Like

No, Congress did their job. Congress voted based on what their constituents wanted. Not what the President wanted.

1 Like

Or he could have done it before the record-long shut down and not put working-class Americans into undue hardship.

The power of the purse that is Constitutionally granted to Congress.