Pelosi warns GOP: Next president could declare national emergency on guns

So why wasn’t this a National Emergency on Jan 20th, 2017? How about August 1, 2017? How about Jan 18, 2018? Lets move up to September 20, 2018?

How is securing the border from human and drug trafficking giving up liberty?

How is he threateningly when based off of facts the border needs to be secured?

Guns are a constitutional right thanks to our Founding Fathers, human and drug trafficking is a whole different story.

Thank God and our Founding Fathers for the second Amendment, I guess we can thank corrupt politicians for the unsecured border that created this illegal immigration problem.

And the Human trafficking problem is ok with you?

Border crossings are at a historical low. There is no emergency because a wall doesn’t exist. The lack of effort by Trump or the Republican Congress during his first two years to build the wall was proof of that. The only emergency is Trump’s massive ego and the damage he is causing to innocent people and our country.

Trump was busy firing Deepstate traitors, RINO’s didn’t help either plus he needed to replace all of Obama’s treasonous Judges that have neglected in protecting the American people by releasing criminal illegal aliens back in to our communities.

Based off of facts, how is protecting the American people causing damage to the same innocent people he is trying to protect?

When you are stripping children away from parents and putting them in cages, with no plan in place to ever reunite them, you are hurting innocent people and destroying the very fabric of what our nation should strive to be.

The people are human trafficking children, what’s the problem?

I love the gop…lovers of big government to punish their enemies and break laws. Dont get their way? Abuse powers and force it on the public. Project their corruptness onto there enemies in so they take the heat.

1 Like

If any POTUS dumb enough to try that one it would have been Obama and even he knew he couldn’t get passed the 2nd Amendment.

But HEY if Dems think that running on “gun-ban emergency” ticket is a good idea I say go for it! :joy:

I think she was referring to the Sleeping Giant that is the Democrat party putting all their initiatives through.

Gun Control
Climate Control
and…perhaps ordering the wall to be torn down?

Much as Trump dismantled Obama’s legacy because it was all founded on executive orders, so the next president can do it to Trump.

Walls won’t stop human trafficking.

Any input on the drugs coming through legal ports of entry?

:point_up_2: All excuses. It literally takes 2 minutes to go on TV or by twitter or whatever means he goes by to declare a National State of Emergency. He could have done that on January 21st, 2017.

Declaring a national emergency on guns would be political suicide. It’d cost democrats the house, senate, and presidency the next election cycle and not being law would be immediately revoked by the next president.

I read some of the comments [quote=“The_Duke, post:58, topic:142997”]
Declaring a national emergency on guns would be political suicide.
[/quote]

They won’t ban guns. They’ll declare a national emergency to institute universal background checks, which the majority of people support, and other measures they think will curb gun violence.

2 Likes

And when that makes virtually no difference, what then? I see threads about why a wall won’t be effective, yet these are the same tired ideas on gun control when most guns used in crimes are purchased illegally, stolen, or would not have prevented the perpetrator from getting the gun by the new measures.

No right is unlimited. Even the constitutionalist Scalia said that.