Pelosi warns GOP: Next president could declare national emergency on guns

I think it’s really funny that 3 groups are suddenly totally silent in our country. The Tea Party. Constitutionalists. And Family Values voters.

2 Likes

I agree facts matter.

Trump isn’t using them.

He’s just not.

Unlike you, I actually listen to the content of what he says, not just how it resonates with me.

A wall solves none of the critical issues that still need to be addressed regarding securing our borders.

It was a simple mental prop Trump used to stay on message during the campaign.

Basing policy on sound bites is dumb.

How is protecting America a crisis, we should be more concerned about those who refuse to protect America.

It’s actually kind of funny that Donald Trump thinks he can not act for 2 years then scream there’s an emergency and judges and courts will fall for his con. Those people aren’t that stupid.

I keep saying this is as close to a Republican Media presidency as we’ll ever see. What Trump says is almost word-for-word what Republican Media says.

A wall is needed or else the experts would say other wise. Fact matter from the experts.

No he’s not. He trying to protect is popularity and increase his likes and followers as if America is some political twitter. Stop it

I think we should all give him credit for knowing what to say to get votes and continuing to say it to keep the base in line. He’s pretty smart that way.

Trumps been busy firing Deepstate for the last two years.

The experts have said otherwise.

Just not the cherry-picked ones by Trump…and even their words had to be twisted to imply support for the type of wall Trump envisions (to the degree he actually tells us what he envisions).

1 Like

Cherry picking, grasping at straws are we.

It is amazing. He had republican control of the House and Senate for 2 years. He could have gotten this passed at any time during the past 2 years, yet he didn’t. He even had the chance to get much more money for his wall at one point, yet he turned it down. Yet, now it is an “emergency.”

Added to this, if it is such an emergency, why would he be signing a bill that didn’t include the funding for it?

Any court worth it’s salt is going to be asking these questions, as it pretty well undermines his premise that it is suddenly an “emergency.”

Trump and Trump Republicans really need for these legal proceedings to be held on television in front of some TV personality or game show host. Once they actually get in front of real judges and real courts it won’t end well for them.

This is going to be another black eye for Donald Trump. And Nancy Pelosi will pounce on that.

1 Like

Amazing how liberals were cheering Harry Reid going nuclear, then complained when Republicans extended it to the Supreme Court nominations.

Not sure what these liberals you speak of doing or not doing as it relates to the nuclear option has to do with Trump trying to bypass the constitutional process. All I know is I’m a conservative who wants to ensure the constitution is followed.

1 Like

Do you mean the same Judges that release illegal alien criminals back in to our communities?

Those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither.

3 Likes

It’s the way he’s threatening to go about it.

You don’t destroy liberty, equality, and fraternity over a war, much less what’s going on with illegal immigration.

I heard the president of the American Conservative Union, in an interview yesterday, cite two dead children in defense of Trump’s emergency declaration on the wall. If two is all it takes to necessitate an emergency declaration is two dead children, then a national emergency on guns is certainly warranted.

1 Like

Democrats are using guns in this analogy because it strikes to the fear center of the brain of much of the Trumpist base. Nothing triggers that mechanism so much as casting a hairy eyeball on some folks’ guns.

One only need look at what happened among the hardcore gun folks after Newtown to understand that. Certain guns were hovered up before they made it to to the shelves and available supplies of pre-rolled ammo among popular calibers took several years to stabilize.

In actual policy, a far better use would be healthcare. But Democrats are smart enough to draw a parallel on this action that strikes emotion, particularly fear.

Fiction - Corpulent Commander in Chief claims that a wall will stop the flow of drugs.

Fact - A majority of drugs that enter our country from the South come from legal ports of entry.

Who has facts?