Peace in the Middle East On the Way?

Yeah. But I saw that Turkey and Iran are in agreement that they don’t like the uae-israel peace. A
Turkey and Iran alliance is not a good thing. Granted… it’s a bit like “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” and only lasts as long as there is a perceived threat. But still… such an alliance is not good for us.

1 Like

It seems like turkey has designs on a resurgent ottoman empire.

1 Like

Turkey may agree on this deal because of Islamic politics, but there is no way they ally with the Persians.

Oh yes. But in that, there will be competition with Iran. Neither one will want the other to be the leader of the caliphate.

Last time they didn’t have to face the IDF. Good luck with that.

1 Like

The UAE is influential with other Arab countries.

Wonder if they’ll wear those nifty tall hats the Ottomans did?
Stylish :sunglasses:

I’m always seeing things on the news about Emirati RPG attacks on the Israelis.

Yup, puts Trump right up the with Carter.

Another one-termer, eh ? :wink:

This news with Israel and the UAE seems epic and historical, yet not much fan fare reported here in the USA.

To me, seems like GREAT news for the World. Seems like anything Trump to the good is minimized in large part.

Do you agree? And why do you suppose the news here is not being talked about a lot more?

See how a foreign newspaper abroad is reporting this progress:

How big a broker was the Trump admin. in this?

It is great news. Too much blood has been spilled over there.

2 Likes

According to this very article by The Jerusalem Post, the USA is invested big time here for peace process now and in the long term.

Here is an excerpt:

The Trump administration’s “Vision for Peace” would allow Israel to apply its law to 30% of Judea and Samaria, including all settlements and the Jordan Valley.
The rest of the West Bank would be designated for an eventual Palestinian state, which would receive recognition and a $50 billion aid package from the US if it meets a list of pre-conditions, including demilitarization and stopping incitement and salaries for terrorists.
Netanyahu said that he still plans to apply Israeli sovereignty in Judea and Samaria.
“I’m not giving up on it. It’s on the table because of me. Trump put sovereignty into his peace plan because I asked for it,” Netanyahu said. “But in the first place I said again and again that we would only implement sovereignty in coordination with the US. Without support from the US, in the best case it would be worthless, and in the worst case, it would hurt ties very much.”

1 Like

Trump gets credit for this.

Israel and these particular Arab states have been moving slowly towards normalization for years but Trump’s team brought this over the finish line.

They get the credit.

3 Likes

This is the link to the BBC’s story:

You think there is any chance in the world WashPo, NYTs or CNN are going to make a big story about a Trump success this close to the election? And for many, if they don’t make a big deal about it then it isn’t a big deal.

At least he isn’t getting a Nobel prize just for showing up for work. :joy:

CNN has quite the lengthy article on it.

Oh dear. But that can’t be the real CNN, can it?