Paychecks bounce, leaving Kentucky coal miners at bankrupt Blackjewel in a bind

https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/kentucky/article232252047.html

“Revelation and Blackjewel’s case comes just two weeks after the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of Cambrian Coal, LLC., which oversees multiple mining operations in Kentucky and Virginia. According to a news release, Cambrian said it expects its mining operations to continue throughout the bankruptcy.”

Their last checks were taken back out of their accounts. It’s gotta be rough for those workers. The Trump Administration spoke of saving that industry but it’s not working.

“Although Trump has touted coal’s rebirth, 51 coal plants have closed and eight coal companies have filed for bankruptcy since his election, CBS News reported last month.”

Fake news

Nothing but #winning for the forgotten man.

The fourth coal mine bankruptcy since Oct.

Nearly 2,000 miners across four states may lose their jobs after yet another major coal company filed for bankruptcy this week – the third since May and fourth since last October.

Losing voters one industry at a time.

Coal is dying. It would have been much better for these people to have worked to grow the next generation of energy production than lie to them.

5 Likes

Donald Trump will help these miners. Libs laughed when Donald Trump would bring back coal. Who’s laughing now?

1 Like

I’m not surprised. Natural gas is replacing a lot of coal.

That said. There’s a big difference between a newer better product changing the market, and the govt artificially forcing coal out.

1 Like

I’m sure many have come to the conclusion (forgone for most of us) that they were conned by a reality TV star/shady businessman.

I wonder how many of his supporters on this board will ever come to that realization?

Lying comes easy for Trump.

Still waiting for that cheaper but better healthcare program to replace Obamacare.

Donald brought back coal in a big way. Donald cares for the Forgotten Man.
No one knows as much about coal, or has done as much for coal miners, than Donald.

Donzo will pay them.

Hillary made a admitted mistake talking about coal during the campaign. But she was being honest with the Miners when she said that the industry was not going to survive. She then told them that she had a plan to slow down the process and also a plan to re-train industry workers for jobs in other energy sectors. But many in the industry bought into Trump’s lies. By next year how many votes from how many industries will he loose. The Con-Man-In-Chief is being exposed again.

4 Likes

I’m sure those coal miners don’t mind being lied to. They will happily vote for Donald Trump because no matter who the Democrats nominate to be their Presidential candidate it will be someone unacceptable. Liberals on the coast can’t possibly understand what it’s like in real America. The only choice is to elect Republicans, and specifically Trump Republicans because Establishment Swamp Critters are even worse than Democrats.

That is worst thing you can do your your employees. Absolutely the worst thing.

2 Likes

Luckily they just got a big tax return. That should hold them over until another coal mining job opens up.

5 Likes

The OP linked article had a link to this one. It backs up what is being polled in some of these areas.
It appears that Trump has lost between 2 - 3% of his base in areas where he won, but by slim margins.

If I have to choose between unemployed workers or mountaintop removal, I will choose unemployed workers every time. Sorry if this makes me selfish.

Coal Isn’t Dead. China Proves It. You buy and wear China products then you support coal. Coal Isn't Dead. China Proves It.

1 Like

Tax money stolen. The loophole is called the [Additional Child Tax It’s a fully-refundable credit of up to $1000 per child, and it’s meant to help working families who have children living at home.
But 13 Investigates has found many undocumented workers are claiming the tax credit for kids who live in Mexico – lots of kids in Mexico. And you’re paying for it.
https://www.wthr.com/article/tax-loophole-costs-billions

Coal is dying.

It will never be what it was.

Other less polluting energy generation methods have become cheaper.

Sorry.