Paula White prays for miscarriages

Right on. Women should be content in their proper Biblical role, as prescribed by Scripture. Not at the pulpit unless it’s to serve men hot biscuits.

3 Likes

You can read Paul and mock him or you can take him seriously.
I don’t care which you do. I know what I do.

So let me get this straight, not only are you opposed to women in leadership within the Body of Christ, they need to sit down and shut up too?

I’m simply quoting the Apostle Paul:

1 Cor 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

I know what Paul said. I’m asking you?

You don’t think women should obey Paul’s divinely inspired directive to keep their mouths shut in church so the Holy Spirit can speak through the men?

1 Like

I’m not making any assumptions, you are. If there are satanic cults in this country making women get pregnant so they can rape and sacrifice the babies, the onus is on you to provide evidence. I can handle any ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■ words you wanna toss at the wall, homie.

2 Likes

You didn’t ask me anything.

You made statements about what I believe.

Take a hike.

Did that this weekend with my son’s boy scout troop and it was great.
Anyway, so what are your thoughts, are you opposed to women being in leadership within the Body of Christ?

It’s kind of odd also to see here that some people actually support the merciful termination of a pregnancy when it’s of a high likelihood that the child who would result from full gestation would have a very very rough life. You do know that’s why most abortions happen, correct?

I’m more interested in what your wife and children believe. Are you in a church where women accept their role as only cooks and cleaners?

Elizabeth A. McCabe has identified and documented evidence of gender-bias in English translations of the Bible. This does not apply exclusively to the word authentein . Greek words indicating that women held positions of authority in the church also appear to have been altered in translation. Women identified in Greek manuscripts as a diakonos (deacon) or prostatis (leader), are referred to as servants in some English translations, like the King James Version. This is inconsistent with the manner in which these words are typically translated regarding men.[54]

Furthermore, if this translation of authentein is accepted without consideration of contextual factors related to the original letter (e.g., challenges facing Timothy at the church in Ephesus), it appears to contradict other biblical passages in which women are clearly depicted as leading or teaching:

Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at that time. She held court under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went up to her to have their disputes decided. (Judges 4:4-5)

I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchreae. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me. (Romans 16:1-3)

I don’t see why it’s “implied”. The letter is written to a particular church responding to various issues that had arisen in the church which had not yet been satisfactorily resolved. Other churches did not necessarily have all the same problems.

So your thinking is that it was only at one specific church where women had to ask for permission to speak, because of something particular to them?

Yes, you’re handling them just fine. :joy:

The Greek word translated as “silent” actually means “ruly/peaceable”. It’s the same Greek word used of men in the passage that says, " I command all men everywhere to work be peaceable and with their hands." Do you think he meant the men should not speak while working? This is another example of the KJV translators’ sexism: men be *ruly, but women be silent.

Paula White is a heretic of the gospel. Why would anyone listen to her, let alone the POTUS?

Yeshua wept…smh

1 Like

I’ve said nothing about cooks and cleaners and am aware of no such scripture.

When I read a post like yours, I stop reading because I know there are more lies to follow. It saves time.

What lies?

I’m simply asking you how your religious denomination treats women.

There are denominations where women are strictly to give birth to kids and cook the food. The man does the disciplining of the kids. The kids go to schools with male teachers, and any sports teams will forfeit a game if a woman referee is present - because a man or even a boy is not to be subjected to the authority of a woman.

And many women in these denominations believe in their place and have no problem with it. Just like the Quiverful women.

So I’m just curious about your beliefs.

A question more appropriate for the Religious folder rather than Outside the Beltway, I admit.

That smells like a divergence.

That’s not what I asked you about.
This is what I wrote:

Cite scripture that the Corinthian women were misbehaving in church.

Spiritual advisor to the president. Two peas in a pod.

1 Like