Parkland Commission recommends Arming Teachers

Nope, I’d rather see armed war veterans that aren’t hungover on soju protecting schools. lol

If soldiers can’t be responsible with weapons, why should I expect teachers to do better?

I can think of many reasons.

Standards, expenses, liability, etc.

Everything from the most basic introduction to long guns and handguns to how to react to a school shooting with them.

Terrorists, Sanctuary Cities, Illegal immigrant drug lords, gun control.

The Democrats have made it perfectly clear, that they could care less about
the safety of American citizens.

I love soju.

I went through both BNOC and ANOC and several other leadership courses without ever seeing an AD. You must have been training with a bunch of misfits.

Ya that’s why the democratic party is light years more diverse.

That’s your problem. You are attributing the dumbassery of a FEW people onto an entire group.

I can’t trust American soldiers (in korea) to not have AD. Do you really think a bunch of school teachers to do a better job?

Silly.

And again why does the ownership matter? You can apply the same standards to everyone whether it’s their personal firearm one one issued by the state.

1 Like

There’s somewhere around 25-35 million Americans carrying lawfully all around you, do you live in fear of all of us?

So, the standards would be imposed by the state by a mandate of some sort as to what weapon a teacher can and cannot carry?

Where would that expense come from? Who would be responsible for the liability of it’s use? Who pays for repair and training?

There are a lot of details that are kind of lacking here.

I’m just gonna go ahead and say it:

POG’s are a terrible example of firearms and battle drills.

The insurance on the carrying teachers will not be a low amount. And they’re going to have to go through all the requirements you outlined for the combat vets. Except the combat vets already have pretty good training, and would simply undergo the same training we’d put the teacher through, but probably faster. Literally the poster is saying “hire armed guards.” Having people there to guard the school who don’t have to be distracted by teaching seems like a better idea than arming teachers.

Well let’s start at the very most basic level.

This is about ALLOWING volunteers who presumably are already armed with their own firerms and licensed to carry.

Establishing minimum standards costs no more than printing them out and providing them to the volunteers.

We’ve already assumed the burden of the expense ourselves for the weapons, maintenance, even ammo.

The rest is paid for by as I said, grants, school district funds, or by the volunteers themselves.

Carry insurance runs about 15.00 pr/mo for each individual. As an instructor my insurance is about 300.00/yr.

Do you live in fear, needing to carry everywhere?

Not in the least, I carry because I want to. I also carry because it’s a necessary part of what I do for a living.

Do you own a fire extinguisher? How about a first aid kit? Are you living in fear?

1 Like

Why dont we just build giant walls around our schools. Or make them secure like a prison. No mass shootings in prison.