Parkland Commission recommends Arming Teachers

The prison guards aren’t there to protect the prisoners, non sequitur.

But they should be.

This is definitely what we need more of.

That post seems to have mysteriously disappeared.

Meaning what?

Just teachers or others who work in the school that teach but are not degreed “teachers”?

Just need to know how much weight some of us carry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why should I ask you exactly? Part of my job is training the teachers, staff, and administrators who carry in this state and I think I get an accurate picture from them.

In TX is can be anyone employed by the schools, teachers, staff, administrators etc.

I served in the Army. When I was in a leadership course for Non-Commissioned Officers we were required to carry a rifle with us whenever we left the barracks that was loaded with blanks.

I cannot tell you how many accidental discharges happened during those 2 weeks of training. If soldiers cannot be responsible around firearms, I don’t trust a bunch of teachers to do a better job. Some kid is going get shot, and we’ll just accept it because that’s the way things are.

1 Like

It wouldn’t matter anyway. There are people on both side of the aisle within the education system. One persons opinion is not indicative of a trend or consensus.

Would these be State issued firearms?

Was that a national guard unit?

Nope. I served in the active army. It was South Korea though. 2ID is kinda sketch.

Cool. What, exactly do you train teacher in?

Oh, Korea. Well there you have it. lol

As long as teachers undergo background checks and regular mental health screenings. I’ve seen teachers snap and lose their cool.

You trust American teachers with firearms more than you trust American soldiers in Korea with firearms?

How many soldiers in your unit got shot due to the fact there were AD’s at some point?

Those two things are not related or have any corollary at all.

Why would that even matter?

I also train teachers. From all over the United States at the School of MInes in Golden, Colorado.