Palestine centric policy is back

They came from Jordan.

1 Like

And less than 1,000 want war.

1 Like

The Israelis tried high level negotiating directly with the Palestinians in 1994-1995. They signed the Oslo Accords with the PLO (known today as Fatah).

They got the Second Intifada as a thank you from the Palestinian side five years later. Led by the very man who signed on the Palestinians behalf. Yasser Arafat. The Palestinians went on a multi year killing spree, bombing multiple buildings across Israeli cities, kidnapping IDF soldiers and Israeli government officials and brutally executing them, launching some of the largest riots of the 21st century, bombing busses and other public transport, and the random murdering of Israeli civilians (including Arab Israelis, their own ethnic and religious counterparts) who resided in Gaza and the West Bank. It took the IDF years to clamp down on the violence and get things back under control.

Would you want to negotiate directly again after suffering that sort of response to a signed agreement?

they are where they were in 1967.

the only thing thing different is the ruler of the land.

its like when Austria was annexed by the germans, did they quit being Austrian because of the change in government.

Allan

Well, it’s been 50+ years now. How much longer do we wait, with all the attendant misery, terrorism, and oppression?

Well, that’s the Abraham Accords, and only one Arabic state is a signatory.

So what’s the Trumpian special sauce? How do we get more countries on board?

Okay, so I ask again? What now? How does this problem get solved? If, as the other poster suggests, we just cut them off, how long before it explodes again? Hours? Days?

false

isolate both the palestinians and iranians. bring the arab states and israel together.

You need to do your research.

already did. e jerusalem was part of jordan, than after the 6 day war, it was annexed by israel.

Allan

You are right, my apologies

Much easier said than done.

Violence and death.

It goes on until one side either doesn’t exist anymore, or has suffered enough losses to get tired of being killed.

1 Like

and yet trump was succeeding

1 Like

Significantly.

I miss his leadership.

says you.

only needed another 1000 years to get it done.

Allan

says me and 4 arab league countries and israel, which counts signifficantly more than your tds

2 Likes

Trump’s plan was working far better than anyone expected.

Because he was one of the few who realized that trying to force the Israelis negotiate with the Palestinians was a waste of energy.

He tried something different and it was paying off.

I had a lot of problems with Trump, but on the issue of the Pal/Israel conflict he had some novel ideas that were put into practice and were getting results.

Get the Arab nations beyond Jordan and Egypt to recognize Israel first. Get those Arab nations unified to pressure Iran.

Once the Palestinians are finally forced to realize that they have absolutely zero patrons they would have no other option but to negotiate in good faith.

It was an innovative plan ended too soon.

1 Like