Palestine centric policy is back

Yet Israel keeps having problems with them. Maybe “settled” means something different in Sneakyville.

So…what? Apartheid into perpetuity? Forced mass migration? Genocide?

Are we (America) okay with any of those options?

As I said, if they want us to butt out, they can stop taking our money.

There is no “Palestinian question”.

3 Likes

It’s not Apartheid. That’s a loaded term used for a situation that is nothing like what happened in South Africa.

The Israeli government would never commit or sanction genocide. The Jewish people were the victims of the most horrific genocide of modern history.

2 Likes

And just how do you think it could be settled to the satisfaction of the Palestinians? I’m not asking about what would satisfy Israel.

Well, call it what you like. A question, a problem, a situation. Whatever.

That’s the frustrating part. I don’t know what the answer is, but as long as there are millions of Palestinians hanging around, and regional powers sympathetic to them (however cynically), Israel has a problem.

It nay be loaded term, but it’s also apt. No American would accept that treatment here.

So then what’s left? Mass deportation?

exactly. we all know it wont get done in my lifetime.

its complicated by the hate on both sides.

the palestinians need a mandela.

there aint many of him around however.

Allan

If my memory serves me correct it’s been relatively quiet over there last few years.

1 Like

which is why they have a wall separating the two peoples.

its not as insidious as the south african type and Israel has anti discrimination laws.

both sides are seething in hate however.

Allan

Just a bunch of petulant children.

At one time mass deportation probably would have worked. It should have been done immediately after the 1948 war. Any Palestinian Arab who sided with the Arab Legion during the invasion should have been deported to Jordan and Egypt. Then after 1967 (when Israel won Gaza and the West Bank) they should have deported those Palestinians. Maybe offered them the chance to sign individual guarantees of loyalty to the Israeli state. Those who signed could stay, the rest deported. The Israeli government thought they could manage them. That was a huge mistake.

Today? Well for one the Jordanians and the Egyptians don’t want them and have made lasting peace with the Israeli state. Throwing a bunch of Palestinians their way would most likely destroy that hard fought peace because the Palestinians have a bad habit of launching terrorist attacks at whichever government takes them in. The Jordanians had to fight a war against the PLO during the 1960s and 70s due to PLO terrorism against Jordanian government and civilian infrastructure.

The only way this will end is when the Palestinians and their various leadership groups finally accept the reality of the situation. Their side lost the war. Their two former patron powers, Egypt and Jordan, made peace with Israel. It’s over. They just won’t accept it.

Surrender is the only option. Throw out the terrorist trash elements. Prove to the Israelis that they can be trusted. Negotiate in good faith. Then perhaps they’ll get a state formed out of the West Bank and Gaza. Until then, the status quo will continue.

Seems overly pedantic, but if that makes you happy.

Agreed. But they haven’t, and remain a problem for Israel. We/they can’t force a diplomatic solution, so few options remain. In the meantime, the maintenance of an Apartheid regime merely exacerbates the situation, with a simmering resentment that just grows.

I think, therefore as long as Israel remains a client state of the U.S. it is right and proper that we push Israel to resolve it.

Again, I agree but this is 10,000 foot thinking. We all know that this is the answer, but the Palestinians refuse to accept it. So now what?

Destroy their “government” and send them back to Jordan.

2 Likes

exactly what trump was doing. work around them. completely ignore them. give them nothing, and allow nothing to be given to them. completely isolate them, leave them no choices.

4 Likes

So mass deportation. Do you see any blowback to Israel from that?

And also, is Jordan gonna take 'em? After all, there is several million Palestinians there. Follow up: would you support America contributing financially to the resettlement?

That may be a short term solution, but that is all. The fact remains there are millions of people on the ground. And if you remove all other choices (and even when you don’t), violence becomes the choice. So then what?

no, that is the only road to a long term solution. only when they accept the reality of their situation will they finally give up on destroying israel. as long as we are funding them and allowing them to be funded that reality can’t sink in.

work around them. get the arab states and israel together. the more isolated they become, the fewer options they’ll have.

and you got it backward. trump cut off funding, volience slowed to a trickle. biden restarted it, violence increases.

1 Like