Open Borders bill

Just noticed you referenced earlier article, not OP. My mistake on that part.

Damn edit button, where are you?

The article Iā€™m talking about was using numbers from THIS year vs. Last year. Not surprised you had to go back to the year before last though. And yes Obama was the deporter in Chief. Probably the result of turning around people at the border and calling that deportation to make the numbers look better, kind of like I just mentioned.

Trump was President LAST year too. Obama, the year before that.

Can you provide how laws are being enforced differently than they were during Obamaā€™s term?

I want to stay on my point here Which is that the Dems are backing an open borders bill. According to @DougBH statement. You state that the laws we have a fine and now being enforced appropriately. What do you see is being done differently.

Apprehensions at the border for one. Thereā€™s also been more interior enforcement, hence the uptick in ICE raids in metro areas and the uproar from liberals about how unfair it all is.

Iā€™m aware of when Trump was elected. Do you think Obamaā€™s changes went into full effect the first year he was in office too? And I never said the laws are fine. Clearly, theyā€™re not, or we wouldnā€™t have so many getting caught trying to cross the border illegally. But stick with the Dems narrative. Obviously the real numbers donā€™t matter.

How long did it take to enforce the zero tolerance policy of separating families?

Apprehensions at the border are down, year over year. I donā€™t see any policy change that has affected that. Do you?

Interior enforcement? What was the policy change? Stop targeting criminals and go after anyone?

You were just shown they are up this year from last year. CNBC was trying to point that out as a failure of current policy. Oh the irony.

The article you cited compares one month (march 2018 to march 2017). Both of which are under Trump. Try looking at the annual data.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Dec/BP%20Total%20Apps%20FY1925-FY2017.pdf

The so-called fact checkers are typically not to be believed. They have chosen sides. They have an agenda just like you, me and everybody else. Poitifact is one of the worse offenders.

Yes, the defacto amnesty of not going after people who havenā€™t broken other laws has ended. Criminals are still targeted, at least where sanctuary states like California arenā€™t harboring these criminals.

As for other changes, you can get a summary at least as of last December, here.

Since you have the internet available, Iā€™m sure you can update this yourself.

1 Like

According to your definition, we have had open border laws for decades. Which means there would be no need for an ā€œopen bordersā€ bill.

There isnā€™t a policy listed in your article that addresses apprehensions at the border. The only policy affecting apprehensions at the border, that I am aware of, is the one that separates families. This was supposed to be a deterrent to reduce illegal immigration, but it doesnā€™t seem to have had an impact.