Open Borders bill

So Trump said there was a bill in congress that is backed by democrats in congress right now. Can some Trump support please link to this or explain why crowd would cheer him on when it was a lie?

Because they donā€™t care if it is true or not?

Thatā€™s one advantage Trump has in these rallies - there is no one on site to fact check him as he is speaking.

Essentially, he can say anything he wants and they will still cheer for him.

Iā€™d love to hear a red hatter explain this one.

Good luck with that.

Seems accurate to call it an open borders bill to me. From the bill in question.

from Text - S.3036 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Keep Families Together Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

SEC. 4. Presumptions.

The presumptions described in this section are the following:

(1) FAMILY UNITY.ā€”There shall be a strong presumption in favor of family unity.

(2) SIBLINGS.ā€”To the maximum extent practicable, the Secretary shall ensure that sibling groups remain intact.

(3) DETENTION.ā€”In general, there is a presumption that detention is not in the best interests of families and children.

What happens when you release them instead? If you answer you never see around 40% of them again you would be correct.

He tells them what they want to believe. I mean itā€™s not like the CEC hasnā€™t been lying to them for decades.

Laughably predictable DEM behavior.

Exaggerated hyperbole.

DEMs simply canā€™t help themselves.

:popcorn:

Nothing to explain. :+1:

Check your glasses buddy, dems are not the one engaging in ridiculous hyperbole and lies:

• ā€œEvery single Democrat in the U.S. Senate has signed up for the open borders, and itā€™s a bill, itā€™s called the ā€˜open borders bill.ā€™ Whatā€™s going on? And itā€™s written by, guess who? Dianne Feinstein,ā€ Trump said Oct. 6 in Topeka. - TRUMP

You misunderstood my response.

Trump engaged in exaggerated hyperbole in typical Trump fashion. Predictably Trump hating DEMs tripped over themselves to call Trump a liarā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

AGAIN!!

He is playing these Trump hating idiots like a fiddle.

In other words, fat donald lied again.
Hyperbole= lies.
The truth isnā€™t the truth.

So a President lying to the American people on a daily basis is justifiedā€¦ because some may believe it? OKā€¦

Except when you utilize ATDā€™s which are significantly cheaper than detention and result in a court appearance rate of over 99% [1][2].

1. https://www.cato.org/blog/alternatives-detention-are-cheaper-indefinite-detention
  2. https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/ICE%20FY18%20Budget.pdf

TDS. Plain and simple.

Symptoms;

Frothing at the mouth.

Trump-hating = Trump-hating.

I quoted him, the only froth is your desperate defense.

There is nothing to defend. :+1:

And yet here you are all frothy :thinking:

Trump lied. There is no bill called the ā€œOpen Borders Billā€. That is just the natural result of passing the bill to keep families together, because the courts will only allow children to be in detention with adults for a limited amount of time.
If Trump had said ā€œDemocrats support bills that result in open bordersā€ he would have been telling the truth.