Only Republicans Gerrymander

Your post says enough… I haven’t seen anyone going after NY or Maryland.

1 Like

Yet Maryland and NY you’re cool with. They’re just fighting what the Rs are doing, right?

1 Like

I posted a breaking story related to gerrymandering.

It would be silly for one side to unilaterally disarm if GOP doesn’t want to address it on the national level (HR-1 I just cited) .

Therefore, it continues on both sides.

Nope…

Get out of your bubble.

^^^
This, 1000%

It’s the hypocrisy that we come to expect from em.

1 Like

LOL, last person to accuse someone being in a bubble.

1 Like

How often do you hang out in a progressive political forum?

1 Like

Can you name a R Pol that supports eliminating gerrymandering?

The implication is that race is a mere pretense. And not a major component of Gerrymandering.

The gerrymandering is political and based on voting habits of the populace, not race.

Gerrymandering is done for political party power. When Democrats dominated Texas, they gerrymandered for their own interests. Republicans inherited the process when they took power. The goal is party power. As long as different races tend to vote predominantly for certain parties, there must always be a secondary racial aspect to gerrymandering. The politicians are thinking party political power though.

1 Like

a result of republicans buckling under to so called “independent commissions” which are far from independent. Insider establishment political operatives do not make up an “independent commission”

1 Like

fairly certain the ones in ny, nj ans md do. i don’t agree

1 Like

Which will be solidly Democratic under this new map. Mission accomplished.

Republicans not welcome in NY anymore.

2 Likes

Hmmmm…

In New York, the redistricting cycle began, perhaps naïvely, in the hopes that a bipartisan outside commission — approved by voters in 2014 — would deliver a balanced, common-sense map.

Instead, the commission stuck to party lines and was unable to reach consensus last month, kicking control of the process back to the State Legislature, where Democrats have amassed rare supermajorities in recent years. Those majorities, plus control of the governorship, gave them the power for the first time in decades to draw maps as they saw fit.

Good job independent commission.

1 Like

the entire argument against gerrymandering is silly. every single seat is gerrymandered. i.e. drawn to get some result. some are drawn to get an r, some to get a d, some to be more competitive. either way, they are drawn to achieve something. the majority party not taking advantage of its majority status would be stupid on their part. they represent a constituency that expects them to advance their collective agenda.

lawsuits against political gerrymandering are frivolous tripe

1 Like

The GOP should have supported HR 1.

This would not have been allowed if that had passed.

Never, tried it years ago, always get banned as progressives do not tolerate different opinions.

NY even has an independent redistricting commission. I see how well those work after this.

1 Like