Only 30% of today's young adults are "'qualified" to serve in the military?

The 80% doesn’t include GED.

Look, getting back on track, I pointed out one difference in requirements then and today’s…the need for a HS degree. That’s probably worth a few % points difference. There may be others. That’s my point…no context.

And you made a claim that was false. I went in in the 70s, you?

I made a claim about the late 60’s.

When you went in were there any recruits without a HS degree.

I know, and you were wrong. I’m setting you up for the next little bit.

Yes.

Were there when you were there?

Thanks for the warning.

True but during the surge in Iraq they were allowing recruits with GEDs and were waiving certain felonies. Today you cant get in with either.

Most welcome.

Admittedly I don’t really know what requirements are these days.

The day I’m conscripted the Hiroshima doctrine will have already been activated.

1 Like

I never said that the only education is a college degree.

The Army gives one an education.

So you’re telling me, in the late 60’s if you dropped out of HS, turned 18 you wouldn’t be drafted and maybe sent to Nam.

Why? Hell it took me 14 years to pay off all of my college debt I can’t see why we need to make it “affordable”.

If that were true college campuses would not be overrun with the SJW crowd, and the intellectual elites of the Democratic Party wouldn’t be leading the way.

College has become a place more of indoctrination than educaion.

I doubt it, Obesity has become rampant in this country since the beginning of the WOP.

With each succeeding decade the problem has just gotten worse and worse.

Agreed.

But “Big Education” has sold us a bill of goods that a 4 year collage is the only path to a good-paying job or career.

Meanwhile, the schlub plumber is charging Mr. Starbuck’s Barrisata with an MA in pre-Colombian art, 450.00 to unclog a toilet on a weekend.

Your doubts are not proof.

During every period there has been some % of unqualified. Without knowing the past % we don’t know how significant this 30% is.

70% of those who served in Vietnam were volunteers.

The so called press, actually propaganda service, has made you a victim.

That wasn’t the question. The question was:

Now stop deflecting and answer the question, or say you don’t know the answer.

I can remember my dad when I was a kid warning me, “If you don’t get a good education you’ll end up a ditch digger!”.

Well, last time I hired someone to dig a ditch he was charging around 200.00 an hour. HA!