One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

How does Kavanaugh know he wasn’t at the party which somebody attempted to rape Ford? She hasn’t stated exactly which party it was, but somehow he knows he wasn’t there?

His wording could have been better on that but trying to come up the correct wording when you don’t remember something of the type she describes is tough. With vague information it is really hard to word a statement in a way that can’t potentially trap you. I think at this point we are just parsing specfic words for an incident with no details.

He could have stuck to denying the events that she alleges took place at the party. Instead, he’s denying attending the party in question. That makes investigating his denial easier.

So how are you going to determne what party this was and find a way to prove 30 years later he was there. That is still going to be tough to do and you would have to have every single thing that Ford said about the party be completely accurate. If it turns out it was a one story house instead of a 2 story house then of course Kav wouldn’t remember since the party was different then the one she described.

From your link:

“She is not prepared to talk with them at a hearing on Monday. This just came out 48 hours ago.”

Ummm no, she should have been prepared when she tried to get a newspaper to run with the story and when that failed gave a letter to a senator. She’s had MONTHS to get her story straight and be ready.

1 Like

Interesting choice of words??

no knowledge of the party in question and no knowledge of the allegation.

how is that interesting?

He’s possibly linked to the party by the alleged victim – over a party that was possibly during the summer time, where she can’t remember who owned the home, how she got there and how she got home.

You don’t find those memory gaps as intersting do you.

Just got a foxnews alert that evidently Trump made a comment that they would “have to make a decision” on Kavauagh if accuser gives credible testimony.

Definitely seems like a change from the white house. Of course accuser still has to testify first. Looking for a link to Trump’s comment.

White house will have a 'make a decision" if Ford gives credible testimony

Here is the link to the article. Evidently it came from discussions with reporters this morning

Can you find a link to a quote from Kavenaugh saying he never attended parties while at the eleite school? Because it’s a streatch (and you could hurt yourself) saying because he attended underage drinking parties in his high school years he must have attended this unknown party and committed the crime.

How does kav know he didn’t attend this specific party?

He hasn’t said he didn’t attend that specific party. Find a quote from his saying that please.

I was just looking for that quote and can’t find it. The statement I found states the incident didn’t happen but nothing about a specific party

The alleged victim was wearing a swimsuit under her clothes. I havn’t seen her state a reason. So assume it was a pary at a house with a pool and he never attened a party at a house with a pool. Would he be correct in saying I don’t recall attending a party that matches what she has said?

Maybe it was a hot tub and he didn’t attend a pary at a home with a hot tub.

Maybe they went to a home to party after going swimming that day, and he didn’t attend a party where people were in swim suits

Now say she had done something alone that day and the swim suit has no bearing on the reason or anything else to do with the party – how would he know that?

The delay was based on her feelings.

Calm down, 'Pub.

Here is what we know about this Prof!

1. Students online have made statements about how liberal and biased , and how much of a loon she was, and those were scrubbed by google.

2. She had resist comments on FB and multiple anti Trump Posts, she scrubbed all those off.

3. Her Brother works for Fusion GPS (Another Clinton Tie)

4. She repeats verbatim what the DNC tagline is ( I wont testify till the FBI investigates)

5. She is offered a sweetheart deal of testifying behind closed doors to get her story heard, she refuses, and her only material witness said that never happened, and its ridiculous to even think it could happen.

Lets look at how liberals work! Lie to the public in hopes of a special investigation. It worked with Roy Moore, it worked with Trump and Russia, why not go for the trifecta with Judge Kavenaugh. Liberals are appalling! Either put up or shut up! Time to move forward and vote.

The Only material person she did claim to have been a witness, said its insane and it never happened, and to even consider it happening is shear lunacy.

Do a little bit of thinking instead of politicking, 'Pub.

She has been given ample time to gain composure to testify, she has till monday, or a vote moves forward, even Collins and Flake are now saying a vote is coming next week if she does not show up. This isnt about the Professor, this is about Kavanaugh, there is not enough evidence to delay a vote.

So let’s kind of put things in perspective.

We know that Ford first mentioned the alleged attempted rape in a therapy session in 2012. She said that the alleged perps were from an all boys school and were now high-ranking members of society. This could accurately describe Kav. We know from Judge’s writings and their yearbook that they were quite the partying type. So the placement of Kav at such a party is not far-fetched.

Now, what motive would Ford have to fabricate such an allegation in 2012? It seems like quite the coincidence that:

1. Kavanaugh went to the all boys school
  2. Was a partier
  3. Is a high-ranking member of society
  4. Those things were mentioned in 2012 prior to Trump running or any notion that Kav would be nominated

Was she making up the allegation in 2012? Did she not make up the incident but she’s incorrectly attributing the incident to Kav instead of someone else? I don’t know the answers to these questions, but being seated to the Supreme Court is not some right and I think if there’s even a small doubt to Kavanaugh’s denial then that’s enough to pass on his nomination. It doesn’t ruin his life or his career. He has a cush lifetime appointment as a federal judge. He’ll be just peachy.