One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Let me google that for you…

In the law, testimony is a form of evidence that is obtained from a witness who makes a solemn statement or declaration of fact.

You’re free to use any source you’d like.

You aren’t going to even get close to the Mendoza Line with those.

And it continues.

Facts don’t matter, clearly, but sworn testimony is evidence.

If I believed that 2 + 2 = 467, I’d correct my belief if somebody showed me that it was wrong.

Ford was credible.
Kavanaugh was credible.
No corroborating evidence from the time of the alleged act. Add to that all the other people supposed to be at the party say they don’t know anything about it. Would you remember a party (or pre party as Ford indicated) where out of a handful of guests three went upstairs and two came down?
No corroboration means he passes, or should.

The other two accusations with known people (was three until the boat guy recanted) have aspects that just make them too bizarre to consider.

What reason would Ford have to lie? This is why I believe her… she has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Kav on the other hand has a “lifetime” to lie

referring to the notion of a disinterested third-party witness.

From your source.

Then why are you sticking with Wikipedia? Can’t find anything better? Gee. I wonder why.

They both can’t be right…

It’s as if they can’t admit that they are wrong.

A Righteous Mind

I dont know what that is…

Yep. And that’s a bit bothering. It would be more bothering if we were talking about a murder or rape instead of pushing someone down on a bed, and fumbling with their clothes and then gong downstairs.

Maybe we all listen for confirmation of our bias.

un·cor·rob·o·rat·ed

ˌənkəˈräbəˌrādəd/

adjective

1. not confirmed or supported by other evidence or information.

“the unreliability of uncorroborated confessions”

Uncorroborated statements are evidence sure. Just not reliable, substantial, or even convincing evidence. But you already knew that.

Agreed. We can’t spend precious money on background checks for SCOTUS nominees. Maybe we just have them sign a document saying they never raped anyone and not have anyone do a background check.

It isn’t. He learned it from his father. His father would break it out on Christmas to review the year and the memories of the year. It was a tradition worth continuing in the family. I rather like it.

Batting below .200

And soon we will have 11 Supreme Court Justices.

Fox News, Rush & friends told them so.