One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

OK. But I just responded to the rationale you initially gave. (“Moderate pick”.)

Like I said, we’re focusing on the wrong thing when we view these nominees by what color robe they supposedly wear. Blue or red? They’re all supposed to wear black.

You keep repeating this. The Dems want those missing 100,000 released so that they EVERYONE ELSE can know what’s in them. Do you actually believe that the Dems are implying that it will change their votes? Why do you think the republicans are keeping the docs a secret?

This term “constitutionalist” has become code for something else. Every single Supreme Court justice currently sitting is a Constitutionalist, in that they interpret the Constitution any time a case or controversy is presented to them.

What they really mean is, anyone who interprets the Constitution in a way that they don’t like–living Constitution, etc.–is somehow not a Constitutionalist, which is about as nonsensical as arguments get.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1037006662765371393

“White House officials have said President Barack Obama has no plans to invoke executive privilege and withhold any of the documents, though some related to national security issues or containing private information about individuals may be withheld in accordance with past practice.”

Well then he’s mistaken about Kagan, but don’t think he is about the rest. And while Obama could have invoked executive privilege, there wouldn’t have been anything else to go on. Kagan was never on a court, she was solicitor general and I think a law professor.

Ted Cruz making his statement.

He did a great job pointing out the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the looney Dems.

1 Like

Kavanaugh did the right thing. Neither the appropriate time nor place. He was being set up for what?
[/quote]

Security intervened and pushed him away, he didn’t whirl away on his own. Talk about a set up. But with libs it’s always about the show, never the truth.

This guy’s tweets alone should have been enough to never have allowed him to even get that close to Kavenaugh.

Yes, he did.

Keep pounding that table libs/Dems. It’s all you have right now.

2 Likes

The hell you say? Put your hands in that position and use your index finger to scratch an itch. I’d make a video showing you how natural it is to have your hand on your arm and move just that one finger up and scratch while leaving the others in place, but it would be a waste of time. Ya’ll have your villian and your made up ■■■■■■■■■

You guys have seriously ■■■■■■■ lost it.

1 Like

oba hil

2 Likes

In other words, you got nothing…

I’m glad you replied to that nonsense, because it’s clearly the left’s Pizzagate.

How stupid was it? Well so stupid that Brian Stettler of CNN called them out on it. They were calling a Mexican American woman, whose grandparents survived the Holocaust, a white supremacist. :joy:

I’m no fan of Brian’s but will give credit where credit is due.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

I miss you when you are not around. Seriously.

By the way libs, Kavanaugh’s two daughters had to be removed from the room because he vitriol from unhinged leftists was so bad.

Two kids won’t be able to witness their dad at his confirmation hearing for Supreme Court Justice.

I’ve been busy. School year started.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus, the stupidity around here is just too much sometimes. :joy:

I am so appalled at this ■■■■ show today. What the hell has happened? Even with a few somewhat grown up remarks being made, there is not one statesman among this bunch of idiots in DC.

:disappointed_relieved:

Can I hear again from the leftists about how much they care about “the children”?

:roll_eyes:

Unfortunately, the memory those kids will take away from this will not be kind to the Dems that set this up and the jackwagons who cheered it on. The absolute lunacy by the left was on display today.

Yes you must be very busy with school back in session.

I couldn’t agree with you more about the ■■■■ show today. And it’s just beginning. Only way it stops is if Grassley adjourns and calls on McConnell to just go ahead and have the vote.

What’s the point of this circus anyway… we already know Ds are going to vote no. Many of them said so weeks ago.

It’s got nothing to do with Kavanaugh himself. Ted Cruz said it so well. Even Ds aren’t stupid enough to say they object because he’s not qualified. It’s all about political theater, and smearing the man with help from the MSM (lots of outlets ran with the "he refused to shake the Parkland father’s hand)

Turns out this guy was invited by Diane Feinstein. And before the confirmation hearing began today (if you can call it that) he tweeted that his mission was to prevent Kavanaugh from becoming a Justice. No one will ever convince me this whole thing wasn’t a set up.

The Dems are so devoid of ideas, all they can do is beclown themselves with Handmaidens, lies, and outright smears.

As I just posted, Kavanaugh’s own children are going to miss seeing their dad in person for his confirmation hearings. This is beyond disgusting. Who really needs to be there anyway, aside from Senators, staffers, the media, and some family members? Anyone who wishes to can watch it all on C Span anyway.

I can’ imagine what Dems will do to top themselves tomorrow, but am sure they will think of something.

If you don’t already know the Senate precedences violated by Harry Reid, there is no sense going over them for you now as you are a hopeless cause. And if you do know them, elaborating on them would be redundant.