One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Once again, exactly what would they investigate???

Sure, that’s a possibility. It’s also possible that it’s the truth of the matter that he can’t remember it because it didn’t happen.

But that’s immaterial. You said he never said BK didnt do it. In his statement, he effectively does. You may think the manner in which he says it is weak or mitigated by wording, but that doesn’t change the fact that he said “I have never seen BK act in this fashion”. I.e. this didn’t happen.

That’s the thing. Outside of asking anyone named in this allegation to provide a testimony under oath, what else could the FBI do??? And if that is the only thing that can be done do we really the FBI to do that?

Investigate what, right? A forty year old incident of heavy petting?

The accuser clearly states there were only 2 other people in the room where the alleged incident took place. Two of those have been invited to testify under oath. There is nothing else for the FBI to do.

I’m not ready to go there yet. The accuser claims the petting wasn’t consensual. If true, that is a problem.

Given the current set of circumstances, there is only one way to resolve this. Both parties must testify under oath. if one or the other party refuses to do so, then the matter is closed.

If Kavanaugh refuses to testify he doesn’t get confirmed. If the accuser refuses to testify Kavanaugh gets confirmed.

Which is exactly why the FBI does not need to get involved. I’m pretty certain that anyone who wants to testify under oath can do so with someone other than the FBI.

Exactly my point. :+1:

There is nothing clear in a nearly 40 year old event.

Testify? There wasn’t any crime committed. She is claiming that while at a house party, where a bunch of high school kids were drinking, she believes some 16-17 year old boy tried to feel her up once. She doesn’t remember when or where this occurred.

Why is anyone even bothering to take this seriously at all?

Unless you look at the written documentation by the therapist, and then it changes to 4 boys in the room.

not to mention NOW the accusers attorney is saying there was a second young girl at the party who previously hasn’t been mentioned.

Facts keep changing.

Notice a trend? The dems present a "salacious and unverified" rumor, and then demand that a federal criminal investigation be created.

What’s going to happen if they do start an investigation, they start going after Kavannaugh associates for tax evasion?

Accuser needs to testify first so the accused can address the testimony.

and She says she only will testify under oath after the FBI investigates.

Let’s say they do actually start an investigation, and Kavannaugh breaks down under the harsh interrogation lights and admits everything in that letter to Fienstien is true? It would still be nothing but admitting to unsuccessfully trying to feel up.a drunk 15 year old girl at a house party, when he was 16 or 17 years old.

If he were to admit to it, then he shouldn’t be confirms.

So far he denies it.
Judge Denies it
PJ denies it

We are only missing the 4th boy and now the 2nd girl that was at the party.

So far it’s three against the charges, 1 claiming them and 2 unknowns.

Media is on social media sites begging anyone with information to come forward. You’d think they would have right after the allegation. Ooooooh that’s right, they don’t want to be in the spotlight like the accused and the people she has pulling in with her.

That runs contrary to what her husband, who has spoken out on her behalf, has said:

“I think you look to judges to be the arbiters of right and wrong,” Russell Ford said to The Post. “If they don’t have a moral code of their own to determine right from wrong, then that’s a problem. So I think it’s relevant. Supreme Court nominees should be held to a higher standard.”

Called it two days ago. She left room in her ambiguous letter to bring in a witness, who, apparently between the two of them, can’t come up with a time or place to allow Kavanaugh an alibi.

[/sarcasm on]
Well of course they have to delay now. They have TWO witnesses to try and find!
[/sarcasm off]

It’s going to turn into a house full of people, and those are the 4 (or is it 5 now?) that she remembers being there. Then the FB letter written by King becomes relevant. They were fishing all along, and it goes back to my original thoughts on the matter. Something happened to Ford back in the day that involved the boys from this school, and this is her chance to exact revenge on those boys whether Kavanaugh was there or not.

To you and @peek-a-boo …that’s all I would expect. I think you guys think I want to see a criminal investigation. No…Just re-open the background check. It’s simple, there are four people brought forth in her allegation. And as we learned this morning there were four others and another girl. If anyone can remember anyone’s name. The FBI simply talks to all of them…find out what they know/remember and if there was any truth. This is a back ground investigation. You know like they do for security clearances. That’s all I was ever asking. There are about 6-8 people now that are alleged to be at this party…START THERE. IT’s not that hard.

There is nothing criminal at this point. Just find out if there is any truth. I don’t know how much more simple it can get.