One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Not really depends on the person some people block out trauma.

Is that what he said or is that what someone else said?

Yes iv been raped, I was 6.

There is such a thing called memory repression which is a common thing among younger victim most victim don’t have detailed account of their trauma without years of therapy.

Quite a difference between six and fifteen.

Fifteen is still quite young most victim block abuse out by convincing themselves it normal or acceptable, I’m not commenting on the truth of her claim simply the fact that lack of “Details” is extremely common in child abuse.

You (nor I) know nothing about this woman. For all you or I or anyone knows she could be looking for a moment of fame and think herself to be the hero of the left for derailing a nomination.

Well, they could start with Kavanaugh’s wingman, Mark Judge, who apparently remembers enough to know that a) he was the other kid in the room, where b) he doesn’t remember anything happening. Isn’t that just a little suspicious? I mean who remembers a party from 35 years ago where nothing out of the ordinary happens? Furthermore, the FBI does have jurisdiction, as it would be a continuation of the background check.

Amazing people are sending her death threats

Not what Judge said.

from Mark Judge tells Senate he 'has no memory of alleged' incident with Kavanaugh | CNN Politics

“I have no memory of this alleged incident,” Judge states in the letter sent by his lawyer, Barbara Van Gelder.

“Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school but I do not recall the party described in Dr. Ford’s letter. More to the point, I never saw Brett act in the manner Dr. Ford describes.”

And what is there to investigate?

What’s amazing about it? It happens to anyone involved in a controversial political event, on either side. More like routine at this point. Hell, I got death threats for making jokes about Obama’s Truth Squad on twitter.

1 Like

And then dredge them back up when they have the opportunity to strike. So much for trying to forget them…

1 Like

Did you feel that way about the Bill Clinton accusers?

You either block the trauma or you remember clearly or you remember some. Traumatic memories are subject to distortion over time.

I find it highly suspicious she remembers Kavanaugh, but can’t remember the year, the house or any any other details. Who invited her to the party? Who did she go with? What did she do afterwards? It appears to be a convenient blank.

2 Likes

While the above is true, this was not a case of child abuse.

1 Like

I don’t think there should be a rule about having to be able to prove something happened before you talk about.

No, but there should be some sort of rule regarding ruining someone’s life and career based on unsubstantiated accusations.

2 Likes

Ruining his life? Don’t be so dramatic. What is the rule, or what should it be?

Spare us the faux tears. He has a lifetime appointment as a federal judge, not being seated to the Supreme Court will not ruin his life or career.

As a generalization that is fine. When a specific accusation is made that can ruin lives and careers, you’d better have your ducks in a row.

Nothing about this is “obvious”. None of us know the truth or falsity of the accusation and none of us ever will.