One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

It doesn’t matter a great deal what was said (we are all pretty certain it was not praise.) Anytime someone is ambushed in a crowd, particularly after being the object of so much hatred, they are most likely going to react with trepidation not cordiality.

3 Likes

Justices already have term limits … one. :wink:

I prefer the word misguided. :wink:

1 Like

My facts are facts, and include full context. You don’t have to like them for them to be the facts.

Fact is, there is no precedent to what McConnell did in 2016.

There is no precedent.

The context is your ever changing parameters do not establish a precedent.

Dantes has taken care of this one pretty nicely in the other thread:

It is hilarious to watch you people make up stuff out of whole cloth. You don’t know what was said yet you’re certain about what was said.

There is precedent.

I really enjoyed watching a lot of this hearing. Very educational once they got past the kabuki.

My favorite:

Mike Lee was very good. As was Sasse.

No, the minority members did not, and the subset of what was asked for was received way too late, not before the candidate questioning, but during and after. Why?

Silly girl. I did not say we are all certain what was said, I said we are all certain what was not said. Huge difference.

Yeah, they did. And Booker knew it before "CHARRRRGE ME!!! "

We know what he tweeted.

Little boy, you are not certain of anything.

No, they did not, and what they did receive was too late to be useful. And, I’m not defending Booker, don’t care about him.

Yes they did.
The vote isn’t for two weeks, useful for what?

Resounding rejoinder. We are sure of his tweet before the hearing.

And we’re sure of who gave him access.

No, they did not, and what they did receive was not in time to be useful, useful for the testimony phase. To question the candidate about anything in those docs. The vote date is largely irrelevant, once the opportunity to question the candidate is past.

Yes they did. Booker questioned him about it. You didn’t watch it.

They can question him any time they want. Could it be you mean too late for a gotcha moment on C-Span?

I am certain that you are a troll.

1 Like