One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Why would she be willing to talk to the FBI and he and his friend from HS is not?

Because Ford knows the FBI has been weaponized against Trump, of course.

Don’t be silly!

Something may very well have happened. There are a myriad of possibilities. It’s very possible for example that she was at a party where this Judge guy was present and something did happen that he witnessed but Kavenaugh was not the other person involved. Maybe she doesn’t know who the other person was. Maybe she got so drunk and while unconcious had a nightmare about being assaulted and was convinced it was real. In other words there could be aspects of truth to her allegation yet Kavanaugh could still very well be innocent. Or it’s possible that the whole story is a lie. No investigation nearly forty years after is going to reveal anything

1 Like

It is puzzling to me that this was not an issue in 2003 to 2006 when Kavanaugh was up for a federal judge position.

The question I would ask of Dr. Ford is if she knew of this at that time and why she did not send the allegation for this high profile position

:balance_scale:

Yes Sir.

I’ve posted in anouther thread (maybe this one) that I partied in High School

Well, she is safe from any prosecution then, because there is absolutely no way on earth anyone can either prove, or disprove her story.

1. There are no facts to refute or verify

2. We don’t know when this might have occurred

3. We don’t know where this might have occurred

4. And she cannot be charged with falsely accusing someone of committing a crime, because there was no crime committed

If it were me I would be very reluctant to want to be part of this freak show. The more anyone mentioned makes themselves part of this the more every aspect of their life will be dissected and advertised by the media.

I just provided you with a second explanation in even more detail. But as a follow-up question, what exactly would you expect the FBI to investigate?

The thing is though there is absolutely no way they could prove that anyone who decides to testify here is lying or knowingly lying. Especially regarding a nearly 40 year old allegation.

Once again, exactly what would they investigate???

Sure, that’s a possibility. It’s also possible that it’s the truth of the matter that he can’t remember it because it didn’t happen.

But that’s immaterial. You said he never said BK didnt do it. In his statement, he effectively does. You may think the manner in which he says it is weak or mitigated by wording, but that doesn’t change the fact that he said “I have never seen BK act in this fashion”. I.e. this didn’t happen.

That’s the thing. Outside of asking anyone named in this allegation to provide a testimony under oath, what else could the FBI do??? And if that is the only thing that can be done do we really the FBI to do that?

Investigate what, right? A forty year old incident of heavy petting?

The accuser clearly states there were only 2 other people in the room where the alleged incident took place. Two of those have been invited to testify under oath. There is nothing else for the FBI to do.

I’m not ready to go there yet. The accuser claims the petting wasn’t consensual. If true, that is a problem.

Given the current set of circumstances, there is only one way to resolve this. Both parties must testify under oath. if one or the other party refuses to do so, then the matter is closed.

If Kavanaugh refuses to testify he doesn’t get confirmed. If the accuser refuses to testify Kavanaugh gets confirmed.

Which is exactly why the FBI does not need to get involved. I’m pretty certain that anyone who wants to testify under oath can do so with someone other than the FBI.

Exactly my point. :+1:

There is nothing clear in a nearly 40 year old event.

Testify? There wasn’t any crime committed. She is claiming that while at a house party, where a bunch of high school kids were drinking, she believes some 16-17 year old boy tried to feel her up once. She doesn’t remember when or where this occurred.

Why is anyone even bothering to take this seriously at all?

Unless you look at the written documentation by the therapist, and then it changes to 4 boys in the room.

not to mention NOW the accusers attorney is saying there was a second young girl at the party who previously hasn’t been mentioned.

Facts keep changing.