One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

An attempted sexual assault is alleged.

If the allegations are true, it is not his actions as a 17 year old at issue.

It is his actions as a grown man denying the behavior of his 17 year old self that becomes important.

2 Likes

George Martin was amazing. The producer for the world’s most influential rock band. A legend. He was right in his actions.

2 Likes

I tried to make this point.

You did a better job of it. Thanks!

:balance_scale:

The allegation is that he was 17 at the time. Attempted rape is alleged.

Seems to me like a 17 year old would know not to attempt to rape someone (if you want to get picky).

Both were capable of breeding. They were adults, not children.
Minors, but not children.

(BTW, “don’t forcibly take other peoples cloths off” was a rule for kids when I was growing up.)

1 Like

She said that she was 15. Who sad that he was 17? And with zero evidence, what’s the point?

So contact the police in these cities and tell them to stop their investigations.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/20195570/17-year-old-arrested-for-sexual-assault

1 Like

She said she was 15…But wasn’t sure of the year!!!

Then it should have been a juvenile court case. Not a 35 year old adult court case. She did not think that it was important enough to report at the time.

Right. When she was 15 he could have been any age! Who knows? He could have experienced time dilation due to traveling at relativistic speeds.

This is why you don’t wait 36 years to accuse.

There isn’t zero evidence. There is the account of the alleged victim, others who have said her account of the incident was known about years ago, supposedly a passed polygraph test, and the stories of Kavanaugh’s close friend that seems to paint both of them as drinkers prone to bad behavior.

Is there solid proof this incident took place? No. Has anybody really made an attempt to properly investigate before we give Kavanaugh a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court? No.

Its not a court case of any variety. Its a point of interest to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

And, there is no evidence that lack of import was the reason it wasn’t reported at the time.

Again. Who said that he was 17? And these crimes were reported. She failed to report. Probably because it never happened.

You weren’t 15 in two different years?

Ha ha. Zimmerman. I have been reading GOT series all summer and I cannot escape! Lol. My bad.

Not your bad. Just a simple mistake. I was born with the sarcasm gene. I couldn’t resist.:grin:

Or, maybe like many women who go through experiences like this, she did not want to experience the attention that comes with outting yourself a victim of sexual misconduct. Nor the drama and societal pressure to “not ruin the poor young man’s life”.

I don’t know how to make it even more reasonable or more clear.

You don’t have to worry… Kavenaugh will be the next Supreme Court Justice. It will get pushed through before the election.