One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Right. When she was 15 he could have been any age! Who knows? He could have experienced time dilation due to traveling at relativistic speeds.

This is why you don’t wait 36 years to accuse.

There isn’t zero evidence. There is the account of the alleged victim, others who have said her account of the incident was known about years ago, supposedly a passed polygraph test, and the stories of Kavanaugh’s close friend that seems to paint both of them as drinkers prone to bad behavior.

Is there solid proof this incident took place? No. Has anybody really made an attempt to properly investigate before we give Kavanaugh a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court? No.

Its not a court case of any variety. Its a point of interest to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

And, there is no evidence that lack of import was the reason it wasn’t reported at the time.

Again. Who said that he was 17? And these crimes were reported. She failed to report. Probably because it never happened.

You weren’t 15 in two different years?

Ha ha. Zimmerman. I have been reading GOT series all summer and I cannot escape! Lol. My bad.

Not your bad. Just a simple mistake. I was born with the sarcasm gene. I couldn’t resist.:grin:

Or, maybe like many women who go through experiences like this, she did not want to experience the attention that comes with outting yourself a victim of sexual misconduct. Nor the drama and societal pressure to “not ruin the poor young man’s life”.

I don’t know how to make it even more reasonable or more clear.

You don’t have to worry… Kavenaugh will be the next Supreme Court Justice. It will get pushed through before the election.

And if it did she was probably asking for it right?

If you think that a 15 year old girl in the 80’s would report being drunk and sexually assualted… you don’t remember the 80’s very well.

3 Likes

She was drinking and alone with two boys.

What did she expect to happen?

Amirite?

Why do you suppose the dems did not bring this up during the hearings? Do you think it was because they wanted to use it as a way to delay the vote until after the mid terms? Could this be a simple political maneuver?

That is the defense in this case

Nothing screams pathetic as someone trying to rationalize why someone may have sexually assaulted someone else.

Well… they were just kids being kids :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Young adults, young man, teenagers… but really… “children”…

No Jez. You are stuck in the 1950’s. That’s not the way the world works anymore. But if this happened, it should have been reported and juvy should have handled it. I tend not to believe 35 year old political accusations.

Yes 15 year old’s are children. They can’t drive a car. They can’t vote. They can’t be out at midnight, they can’t buy a beer.

Why do you suppose the dems did not bring this up during the hearings? Do you think it was because they wanted to use it as a way to delay the vote until after the mid terms? Could this be a simple political maneuver? :open_mouth: