One and Only Chauvin-Floyd Murder Trial Thread

Don’t think there are any former kkk members on the jury.

Allan

Now they are saying between now and 5, was 4.

At least it’s not the next day…

Allan

With everything that has happened in that state I am sure that the public perception of the verdict was on the minds of everyone on that jury.

1 Like

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was in Italy for a month and came home the day that Johnnie Cochran was doing the closing argument.
He referenced the glove incident and said; “If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit”. And I thought it strange because I heard it as if a Italian was talking to me. “If it doesn’t fit, you musta quit”. And I said to my wife; “Quit what”?

1 Like

Agreed, so, if found guilty was it due to public pressure or the facts of the case. Some have tried to compare this to OJ, not a valid one IMO. We didn’t have the internet back then, etc.

To clarify something here. I am NOT saying I think he is not guilty, was just making an observation.

‘Pressure[d]’ is a strange word to apply to an anonymous, sequestered jury.

They pushed it back by an hour, could be they wanted the time to put some extra NG in place.

1 Like

A question was asked of a Attorney this morning of what if that girl had not stopped and taken that video?
Would there have even been a trial? The internet has changed a lot of things.

1 Like

So you don’t think that after 3 weeks of testimony and not being sequestered that the jury will not feel ANY pressure. Remember they were not sequestered during the trial, just during deliberations. So they are WELL aware of public pressure.

How can one answer that question?
It would be pure speculation. Also, there was other video other than hers.

Pretty sure they were aware of it before they were called for jury duty.

I think ‘feeling’ pressure and being pressured by ‘the public’ are different things, especially in the context you provided, where we can’t tell if the jurors preferred the prosecution’s case or this strange, supposedly active ‘pressure’.

What do you think judicial officials should do to prevent jurors from being aware of current events?

Probably. But if they are expecting REALLY bad things from this verdict, they gonna need more than an hour to get things ready.

Don’t recall saying they should do anything. Merely pointing out they all knew it was the highest profile case around and that a lot of people were going to get violent if they acquitted.

Trump wouldn’t have been President if not for Twitter. /hottake

What a stupid, ■■■■■■ narrative already coalescing, that Chauvin (even if at material fault for the cause of Floyd’s death) is really going to the clink because of the sentiments of the crowd.

So ■■■■■■■ stupid.

Looks like the jury didn’t even come back with any questions. They had their minds made up.