One and Only Chauvin-Floyd Murder Trial Thread

i hope jurors hear how scumbag perp Floyd was repeatedly crying how he couldnt breathe in the cop car and long before he actually “couldnt breathe”.

which turns out is hard to do when you cant breathe

I (with hope) disagree. That video? I think he’s a goner.

Honestly, you would think, but they don’t want us to trust what we all saw. The defense is going to criminalize Mr. Floyd and say the drugs in his system probably would have killed him anyway. The prosecution will need to be on point in laying out this case. They need to convey to the jurors that Chauvin was fully responsible and probably should have got the man some help instead of showing Mr. Floyd who’s boss by putting a knee on his neck.

1. Maybe, maybe not. It’s one of the most egregious actions ever taken by a police officer and it was streamed live. Even if he was white, there would have been outrage. Maybe not to the same extent. But certainly outrage.

2. The settlement has nothing to do with the criminal trial.

I agree they’re going to blame the victim, they flat out said they are.

I don’t think he’ll get off with nothing.

You really think Chauvin did nothing wrong? Even with what we all saw on that video?

I was completely disgusted and wanted to throw up. It was shameful what Chauvin did to Floyd. Race doesn’t even matter to me. It was a disgusting act of brutality against a citizen by a representative of the “state.”

3 Likes

It’s the only defense they have considering what was seen on the video.

I do. Or if he was Asian or Latino.

And not much of one at that. Chauvin rode Floyd. It was a humbling, a lesson. And he enjoyed doing it. “Tough guy huh?” I don’t think I had the audio before.

The people yelling take away some excuses in my opinion. The sidekick cop holding them back needs to get his too.

1 Like

I fully agree. It was definitely a humbling.

I don’t think Chauvin meant for Floyd to die. But I think he really didn’t care if he died or not. And that rises to murder.

I’m with you. A very depraved indifference for human life. By both of them.

He might as well been whipping Floyd.

1 Like

If Floyd was white, he would have been arrested “without incident”. It never would have gotten to this point.

1 Like

You don’t really believe that no white person has ever been a victim of police brutality do you?

This is a straw man.

How? He claimed that if Floyd was white he would have (100%) be taken in without incident.

He didn’t say “(100%)”.

He claimed he “would have” don’t see any wiggle room there.

Didn’t suggest the settlement did have anything to do with the criminal trial, just curious of the settlement amount.

It’s not about “wiggle room”. This isn’t a pedantry competition.

I’m confident that you understood his point.

The issue here is police brutality. It doesn’t matter who the officer brutalizes it should be stopped and shouldn’t happen.

4 Likes