Once again, non-compliant legal wanna-be gets himself shot

Dead, for refusing to stand and deliver over a tax stamp.

1 Like

I’m not. I’m saying that the cop said he did.

I’m just questioning your initial statement on rules of engagement. I’m not even talking about this case, just your suggested rules of engagement. Don’t fire unless fired upon. That’s what you said. I took that to mean you can’t shoot unless someone is actively shooting at you. That’s not an option for the police force. They’re always going to act before they get shot.

Of course, it is.

Not if the law requires otherwise.

So now you’re an advocate for the law?

1 Like

Laws prohibiting agents from the state from violating citizens’ rights? Oh you betcha.

2nd childhood?

1 Like

If it’s an option in a war zone, why is it not an option against our own civilians.

That statement sounds backwards, and that’s because it is. It should be HARDER to kill our own citizens than to kill enemy combatants in a combat zone.

2 Likes

Can’t really see an argument against it, as long as that remains the rules of engagement for the armed services.

Personally, I consider it a misguided ROE. War is hell. War SHOULD be hell, otherwise don’t do war.

1 Like

You tell me. You’re the one bent on vilifying cops on any pretense.

1 Like

:rofl: Really weak.

Cops are villans - by definition.

1 Like

You misspelled civilians. They should have the same right to defend themselves as you do.

Can I shoot someone for “furtive movement” because I’m dragging them out of their car?

You don’t have the authority to drag them out of their car.

Do I at least have the “right” to shoot them for furtive movement? You know, like a cop

If you’re in a conflict with them and they suddenly reach for their gun, I would expect you most certainly would be in good standing if you did.

Surprised you even have to ask that.

1 Like

If that furtive movement produces a gun in their hand, yes.

It didn’t in this case. Just like the FBI, they shot without seeing a gun. Can I?

Well, it wasn’t in his hand long. Just long enough to remove it from the holster before it fell to the floor of the vehicle.

And you don’t know that they didn’t see it. But we do know one of them said (emphatically) that he did see a gun and when it was all over, there was the empty holster and the gun, so …

He never saw it. Just like Finnecum. You don’t know it was in his hand at all