Old Timers Stuff

Anybody besides me remember Video Village? I loved this show.

saw it either there or Disneyworld.

I’m weirdly infatuated with this as some kind of ultimate expression of humanity. I hope we put it on that gold disc that left the solar system.

And I absolutely loved this show. Diana Rigg and Patrick MacNee were fantastic. And it was great to see Diana on “Game of Thrones.”

But here is THE best TV show EVER. Amazing show. Any fans of “The Prisoner”?

1 Like

Ah.
Stop.

Be Seeing You

classic

1 Like

Loved the kid’s version on Saturday mornings. (Video Village Jr.)

I remember that!

Anyone remember Queen for a Day? I do!

There was also another kids version called “Shenanigans” with Stubby Kaye.

I remember it. My grandmother watched it every day,

This might be a local Western PA thing, but does anyone remember Knish? I think it was on channel 4 with Paul Shannon?

I’m sure somebody remembers “Shindig.” Here’s a full episode with the Righteous Brothers, Chad & Jeremy, Tina Turner (damn, was she sexy), Neil Sedaka, Donna Loren, the Blossoms (with Darlene Love), Donna Loren and others. The performances are are all live.

1 Like

Oh I do! Thank you for that link! Have you ever heard of the oldies concerts in Pittsburgh?

Does anyone still watch Perry Mason?

No, I don’t. There were local shows all around the country. There was one - – can’t remember what city – Cleveland, I think – that had little kids dancing to rock n’ roll.

But I love these music shows.

I remember it. Thanks for the memory.
How about Hootenanny?

Thank you. He’s not in that lineup, but Jim (later Roger McGuinn) of the Byrds was once a member, as was John Denver. (I don’t think that’s Denver in there.)

How old were some of you old timers when the music you grew up jamming to ended up on retro hour?

I grew up in the 50s. A lot of the songs I grew up hearing were Oldies by the mid to late sixties.

1 Like

I’m ageless. :slight_smile: