OK governor has COVID-19

They never seem to mention the PERMANENT damage this virus causes to various organs either. That’s IF you survive hospitalization.

3 Likes

When the alternative is “looking like the lone ranger” I’ll take my chances with death

5 Likes

Oh stop. Permanent damage is a mere inconvenience.

It’s such an easy choice: wear a mask and avoid large indoor crowds, or get sick, almost die and live with permanent damage.

I’ll take no mask and big virus-carrying crowds any day!!

Last night a county in Florida which is a major hot-spot had a public meeting to determine if they were going to make masks mandatory. Doctors and health officials made their case for masks. Then a bunch of folks got to speak. I saw a clip of one woman who was very upset that people were treating her badly because she was shopping without a mask. She said that it just made her resolve not to wear a mask stronger.
The county commissioners voted not to mandate mask wearing.

2 Likes

Brilliant!!!

You guys lost all credibility as far as concern about the virus goes when you gave a wink and a nod to the hordes of rioters nationwide.

You can’t get it back now. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Better late than never.

Folks, wear a ■■■■■■■ mask!!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1283441336742535169?s=21

5 Likes

And your side gave a wink and a nod to all of those protestors that were in front of state houses not wearing masks and waving Trump flags. Hey, there have been people on both sides who have not taken this thing seriously.

1 Like

Fantastic example of confirmation bias at work. The other force at work here is Darwinism.

1 Like

So are you mad because they were wrong or because you agreed with them? Do clarify.

They had guns though. They could have shot the virus if it was really a threat. No problem.

5 Likes

the OK governor has covid (hope he gets better soon)…

but what about the Super Duper governor?

2 Likes

Another Never-Trumper.

Where are our freedoms?

Face diaper-wearing sellout! Time for a protest!

Honorable mention for this one.
.WW, PSHS

That was a pretty big error and certainly a reason for the cases uptick.

I don’t trust anything they say.

:probing_cane:

I thought it would be too but then Northeast didn’t spike, cities like NY and Boston who had protests/riots like every other place.

Regardless, it’s safe to assume that attending a large indoor gathering unmasked isn’t a great idea.

Liberate Alabama!

Allan

Me either. They are just playing politics with the virus. Credibility gone.

Indoors would be very foolish right now.

Outdoors I think is good. Better to not overcrowd though.

Is the virus getting weaker and transmitting more? Anecdotally this looks like what is happening.

In noting the new cases had not led to a major increase in hospitalizations or deaths, Graham Snyder, a physician and medical director of infection prevention, claimed the strain of COVID-19 that UPMC was detecting was less severe than a previous version of the virus.

“You may have heard in the news that there is a dominant global strain, one that seems to transmit easier but is less deadly,” Snyder said at the July 9 press briefing. “That’s the strain we’re detecting. And our data supports those characteristics.”

The article and many dispute this, however you need to consider UPMC is on the front line and has its own data and conclusion.

:probing_cane: