Ok dems. Time to stop whining and get moving

In your opinion, what should we do with the kids? If it were me, I would put them in temporary tents with their parents until a family processing center can be built. Deport them after processing. I would support funding their trip back home as well. Good idea?

Great idea dude! Keeping children with their parents is EXACTLY what dems have been asking for. It’s amazing that we can find areas where we can agree with each other.

Now we just need to get the Trump administration to change their policy.

That’s what Obama did back in 2015.

He got reamed on both sides for it.

It’d be better than the current situation? Yes or no.

Not exactly what they want. Guess again. What the dems actually want is for the kids to stay with their parents as they are released into the U.S. This is much, much different than my proposal.

He is truly a terrible human being.

BTW I am supposing this is the new CEC talking point?

Republicans control all three branches of government.

The Trump administration uses this power to create a problem.

Trump sycophants then flood bulletin boards and social media askingbwhat the Dems ate going to do to solve the problem Trump created.

Is this how this is going to work now?

2 Likes

I just meant that we agree that parents shouldn’t be separated from their children. That’s something that can change right now. We can disagree later about other issues, but finding areas of agreement is a great first step.

Oh yes.

Just makes me laugh that an avowed Obama-hater such as Atlair proposed a solution Obama used a couple of years ago.

Sounds like a winning strategy to me. It’s not like reality matters anymore.

I wonder if @altair1013 wants to discuss

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/3036

yet.

Nah!

Richard Spencer himself said Miller isn’t a white nationalist, and would have ended up exactly where he was without Spencer’s mentoring.

:sunglasses:

Your precious Trump created this problem so imo the Trumplicans need to get off their arses and fix it or they can keep getting called our for being the horrid people they are.

The fact is, though, Trumplicans and this administration are thrilled with this policy or else they would have done something already.

He is just awful. Remember when they tried to make him a talking head for like four days? He was so off putting and, well, evil that even the Trump administration knew he was a hot mess

1 Like

Ok sure. But if we are going to do that, we will need an alternative. Something that does not include releasing border crashers into the general population. If we are going to change it “right now” what do we do with them?

this is ■■■■■■■ amazing on how you are still trying to blame democrats for this ■■■■■■ up republican policy…

Well dude. I am really offended now. You owe me an apology. How dare you lump me in with the GOP. I despise them. Bigly. They are just barely better than the dems. Bait and switch artists. Ewe!

See, this is complete BS. The two situations are separate. We don’t have to take an all or nothing approach right now. Fix the reprehensible practice of separating families right now and then fix the issue of “catch and release.” Otherwise, you’re using the experience of traumatizing children as a political bargaining chip.

And yet you created this thread whining about why the Dems, who literally hold zero branches of government, aren’t doing something about a problem solely created by Trump, and when it’s pointed out to do that they HAVE Been trying to do something about it, in exactly the way you describe, you start throwing this little hissy fit and lashing out at people for pointing it out to you.

Again, yeah, an accurate representation of the modern day GOP/conservatism. Point fingers at the left and try to blame them for everything, when the people responsible are the ones you helped put into office and the ones you support.

1 Like

Looking forward to your “Do something, Donald and the Republicans” thread on this same topic.

1 Like