Oil and gas exports are harming Americans

I don’t think its going to happen. Europe would yell. Trade agreements would be tossed out.
If it costs users here too much, make Europe pay a higher portion of bailing out Ukraine and subsidize energy users.
More important than paying people for their past debts.

1 Like

Sure, go ahead.

So have I.

1 Like

So that is when national is a good term.

1 Like

Weird how the globalists suddenly change their tune when it hits them in the pocketbook.

2 Likes

Globalist for things coming in, nationalist going out.

We shouldn’t export energy, raw materials, or commodities at all. Only refined products should leave the country, making skilled jobs on their way out.

I don’t know how the current situation is palatable to anyone. Americans will sell the blessings of this continent to foreigners for a buck, and watch other Americans run short. It’s gross.

So, as long as it’s going into your pocket by lowering your costs it isn’t gross?

1 Like

It’s easy to say, “I want that!” when one doesn’t understand the actual costs. Some pets just want free toys for their loyalty. :wink:

1 Like

giphy3

1 Like

I don’t know how to explain that Americans should be indignant at the costly outflow of resources to foreigners.

You’re looking at my pocket and I’m looking over your shoulder at the Chinese. They’re saving their fuel for domestic use.

I’m just surprised you’ve taken a nationalistic turn.

The America First mindset is why a lot of us supported Trump.

1 Like

It’s international trade. And when other countries feel the same way?
Really, this is just saying that the people who own and extract these products need to sell it to me on the cheap.

Can’t that be made into a policy? They should. They didn’t put it into the earth or sea. Their ownership begins somewhere. Make policy that takes effect before that transaction happens.

WASHINGTON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. Energy Secretary urged domestic oil refiners this month to not further increase exports of fuels like gasoline and diesel, adding that the Biden administration may need to consider taking action if the plants do not build inventories.

The administration hopes that companies will “proactively address this need” of building inventories, she said. If that does not happen, the administration “will need to consider additional federal requirements or other emergency measures,” Granholm added, without providing details.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-energy-secretary-urges-refiners-not-increase-fuel-exports-2022-08-27/

Let’s see what happens.

The suits have a chance to get on the phone with each other and figure out how to party in moderation.

Hurricane season coming up. Winter coming up. It’s a bit too patient, in my opinion. But maybe they’ll surprise me.

Looks like the left are showing their authoritarian side more and more.

1 Like

Since we are a net importer of energy, we can’t decouple from the world energy markets. And natural gas isn’t the only shoe waiting to drop come winter. Europe is bringing oil fired generation on line. The Northeast uses a lot of fuel oil for heat in the winter. Expect heating oil prices to skyrocket this winter as Europe increases its demand on the world market. I also think the constitution has something to say about takings.

2 Likes

Trump says America first, then has his products made in China. The American businesses he did engage in, he short paid them, and dared them to sue him.

Neo-liberal economics is what caused the outsourcing of jobs. Which is a conservative economic philosophy. Look at the votes on NAFTA. You will see the neoliberals…almost all of the R’s, and a lot of D’s

Nice!

The EPA under the Trump administration decided that Bluewater’s terminal was exempt from rules that require pollution controls on marine tank vessel loading operations.

The permit would have allowed Bluewater’s terminal to emit up to 66 tons per year of benzene — a carcinogenic pollutant.

Why was this even considered? What good did exempting Bluewater do for Americans anyway? Between this and Cheniere howling for exemptions on their gas exports, I have to ask what motivates a willingness to cut corners here just to send stuff elsewhere?

Stolen elections matter.

2 Likes