OFFISHAL OHIO Special Electshon Thread

Did I say they don’t?

Rush, our host, Levin and the rest of the disaster brigade have a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very obvious agenda.

There is a reason they still deflect to Hillary’s emails.

Well the spelling sure shows it is not someone with auto correct.

The primary results in Washington are worse news for the GOP than Ohio was IMO.

The state has a top two primary system. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Jamie Herrera Beutler, both incumbents, finished first, but the combined D vote was more than theirs was. Same with the open seat currently being held by an R.

So it won’t surprise me if the party is shut out of House seats from Washington in November. And the Senate race won’t be even remotely close.

Thank you.

Bottom line with this election regardless the winner there will be a re-match in November for this same seat.

This district which is gerrymandered to hell and went to R’s in 16 by 30%. O’Connor brings it down to under .9% I am feeling pretty good going into Nov as O’Connor (D)

1 Like

Likewise with the people on CNN and MSNBC. They all have agendas, either right or left. Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, etc

That’s “opinion entertainment news” for ya, they are entertainment the lot of em.

They are not news

And the gop took control of both houses of congress.

This is excellent news for Democrats.

2 Likes

This is who is running against Rick Larsen in Washington’s 2nd district. I’m not making this up.

The Republicans took control of the House in 2010, but they didn’t take control of the Senate until 2014.

I give the Democrats about a 65% chance of taking the House this November.

1 Like

Earlier in this thread, I guessed after reviewing recent polling that the Republican would win by a few points and Trump would take credit for the win.

Neither guess was a stretch.

But less than one percent? That’s all kinds of wonderful.

And of course, Trump just took credit for the win—when the likeliest conclusion is that Trump is the reason that the voting was so close.

Maybe Trump should’ve taken credit for almost losing it.

There are over 3000 provisional ballots left to count - and 5000 absentee which may trickle in. If any of this takes the margin to .5, it forces a recount. Provisionals won’t be counted for 10 more days or so. The margin currently is .9.

It ain’t over.

I doubt the dem takes it. But no one should be claiming a win yet. Didn’t stop Trump from doing it on twitter just now though.

That Kansas gov primary isn’t looking too great for Trump either. Tied currently.

Historically those provisional ballots break for the Democrats. So this isn’t over yet.

I am glad you feel good about November, so do I. The blue wave will be a blue ripple.

Keep believing, Mr Wazoo

The other aspect is the GOP has spent a whole lot of $$$ on this race over 2.5 million. The Dem candidate spent 500k. There are a loooot of other races that are seems as much closer Nationwide. , The GOP just cannot afford to spend that much on every single race.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see what happens in the 50+ races that are actually 50/50 competitive in November.

1 Like