Official "Sleepy Joe" VP prediction thread

We’re probably around month or so away from Sleepy Joe’s deep state masters announcing their VP pick. Most sources indicate they’re VERY likely to pick a female, but they seem to REALLY want a female person of color to run alongside him given the current “political landscape.” Shortlists seem to agree on top contenders, while there are a few dark horse names being tossed around.

The two top contenders seem to be

Kamala Harris
Elizabeth Warren (the obvious exception to the person of color part)

With

Susan Rice
Val Demmings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Tammy Duckworth

and a few others as potential dark horses who are either being talked about or have confirmed they’ve been contacted about it.

y money would be on Harris. Among the “well-knowns” she appears to be the least controversial, but may still be viewed as a rich, career, political insider who’s been in politics forever.

I would LOVE to see him pick Tammy Duckworth. She’s a true American hero and patriot. It would be interesting to see the reaction from Biden’s political opposition to her. There would have to be a laser focus on issues, as it would be a disaster to try to go after her personally, or her military service. It’s one thing to poopoo “gold star families” but it’s another to go after someone who has given as much as she has in service of her country.

I’d watch every second of those VP debates. They’d be a lot more interesting than the predicable idiocy that will dominate the presidential debates. However, it appears that she may not be the “right pick” for the current “political landscape” (if you can’t read between the lines here, see a optometrist or put down the bottle) according to some:

But while many experts have been quick to label her a “safe” choice for Biden, some aren’t convinced that she’s the right pick in a political landscape that has been suddenly altered by the death of an unarmed black man in police custody.

Warren, Rice, Abrams (whose name has been tossed around, but apparently wasn’t contacted) are just too controversial and come with too much baggage, IMO. I think if he picks any of them, whatever chance he had of winning becomes 0% instantly.

Demmings and Bottoms being tossed into the ring make it seem like he’s just trying to take legit shots at Georgia/Florida.

So who’s it going to be?

Kamala

his best chances are with kamala, who will then quickly become pres

has the requisite non-whiteness the democrats value for some reason

3 Likes

They’ll be idiots to not pick Kamala over Warren.

3 Likes

I like Duckworth the best, then Warren, and then Harris. I don’t know what the other three are doing in that picture.

Biden will surprise everyone by naming the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan as his running mate.
Farrakhan isn’t a woman but he can always claim he identifies as a woman.

2 Likes

I just feel like “military veteran who gave a lot in service of her nation” VS “lifelong politician” would be much more interesting than “lifelong lawyer/politician” VS “lifelong politician.”

And I feel like Trump would probably cross a few lines with Duckworth that would have worse consequences than crossing similar lines with Harris.

3 Likes

I really think that Duckworth would be the best choice for these reasons too. There hasn’t been anyone in the white house with personal military experience since George HW Bush.

1 Like

Susan Rice would be the best pick.

She has some career policy issues.

Kamala is just not likable.

Demings from FL I know nothing about.

Never heard of the bottom left potential pick.

NM gov…maybe an interesting pick.

Elizabeth Warren is an idiot. Please pick her.

Too bad he painted himself into the Mondale and McCain corner.

:paintbrush:

I hear he likes the smell of Kamala’s hair the best…so she’s the pick.

2 Likes

Wrong. You must have missed the whole ■■■■■■■■ Dan Rather report that the left loved.

George W Bush?- He was in the Air National Guard and never left Texas during the war. The only fighting he saw was in the Houston beer joints.

Yeah, I didn’t count him for that reason.

OMG NO! Susan Rice is probably the only thing that would keep me from voting for Biden. She is the one who went on TV and blamed an American film maker for Benghazi. I likewise never heard about Val Demings before but I went and read about her, now I hope she is the one he picks.

My mistake- You said George HW Bush. I read George W. My wrong.

1 Like

The Susan Rice suggestion screams that they just finished reading Hillary Clinton’s newest book, How to Lose an Election in Six Months

2 Likes

I don’t particularly fault Rice for the video thing, but whatever anyone thinks of her performance during all of that, the controversy around it should be enough to remove her from consideration. She’s another on the long list of lifelong politicians whose skeletons will always follow them (Warren as well).

I just read about her and she ain’t who Biden needs.
She’s up to her eyeballs in police brutality charges from her days with the Orlando Police Dept.
She’s not the flavor of the month.

Biden will lose with Harris or Warren, either. He might lose with anybody. Never underestimate Joe’s stupidity.

Harris has the witch factor working against her. She looks like one and acts like one. All she needs is a pointed hat and a broomstick.

Warren can’t stop lying. She’ll spend the campaign explaining away her last lie.

1 Like

I think it will be Harris. Very sharp person and, when interviewed, very warm and funny with a great laugh. She would absolutely destroy Pence, being a former prosecutor. I have seen her tear folks apart while serving in the Senate, very quick wit.

1 Like