Official republican convention thread

Phenomenal RB for Georgia, was good in the USFL but had less impact in the NFL.

He’ll forever be associated with the trade that got Dallas all the draft picks that built their dynasty

1 Like

Tim Scott did a great job. Everyone else was just crazy people saying crazy crap. Nikki Haley coulda been great but wasn’t even allowed to say “confederate flag” since Jr was gonna be wrapping himself in one an hour later.

They are all pre-taped too. So weird.

Well, day 1 was a complete mess. Wasn’t expecting that. But I’m sure each day is gonna be better and a real show moving forward.

:heart:

:kiss:

6 Likes

I applauded Haley when she got the flag taken down. But I had to laugh tonight when she brought it up. And all I could think of was Trump praising the NASCAR fans that wave it.

The fact checkers are working overtime. One thing is for sure. The RNC is producing this trying to shore up their base. I think that they are nervous that perhaps they don’t have the base numbers that they had in 2016.

Why was she yelling? She once was on TV. The audio guy must have been going nuts.

Rice could have played for at least five more years.

Oh my God. She was a brunette???

Yeah, I thought it was going to be good because Trump is such a showman. They’ll have a chance to learn from their mistakes and tomorrow should be better.

2 Likes

“I know how to improve the next day, what if everyone hated Democrats more?”

3 Likes

Wow…I went to bed early and missed this endorsement from the only man to ever win the Heisman twice and he clearly dispells Trump being a racist. He encompasses well why Trump is the better candidate, says it plainly and I must agree.

4 Likes

In addition to Tim Scott and Kim Klacik
they should have also included Larry Elder, Carol Swain, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell and Shelby Steele to speak.

As well as show excerpts from Larry Elder’s film “Uncle Tom”.

You will notice this thread has been dominated by the leftists on the board…they have focused on one or two speeches…

Walker’s not among them…you can tell that most of the night was really good since all these leftists want to talk about seems to be basically two speakers out of many.

Walker was great, his comment about not having a friendship of 37 years with Trump as a racist was powerful…so was Ambassador Haley…Guilfoyle did exactly what I expected from her she wasn’t as bad as they are making her out to have been…

Kim Klacik, the 38 year old African American woman running for Congress from Baltimore could have had a little more time to speak…what a compelling young woman. The woman crediting Trump’s Right to Try idea for the fact she’s still alive was moving…

The star of the night whom no lib has touched was Tim Scott. He could run in four years against Pence and Haley and maybe the Governor of South Dakota and he might get my vote. “From Cotton Fields to Congress” was the line of the night.

Personally I thought it was a helluvan opening night…there was more pro America pride and positive energy in one night than that entire anti American snooze fest of a week ago.

But far be it for me to interrupt a bunch of liberals confirming each other’s confirmation bias, which is pretty much all this thread has been.

1 Like

Another whiner I see.

The virus screwed things up.

Deal with what is, not with pie in the sky MAGA dreams.

177,000 dead Americans.

Allan

Micheal Goodwin has a great column at foxnews.com…

Headline - " At upbeat Republican Convention, speakers make strong pitch for Black votes"

I didn’t mention the great commentary by Vernon Jones, a black Democrat from Georgia…" Vernon Jones, a lifelong Democrat in the Georgia General Assembly, showed a wicked sense of humor, saying that when Trump “sought to earn the Black vote, the Democratic Party leaders went crazy! Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer literally started wearing Kente cloth scarves around the Capitol!”

I understand why leftists on this board are freaking out. God forbid people should actually pull back the curtain on the nonsense of the political left.

Goodwin’s column later makes this powerful point. "Trump only got 8 percent four years ago and it would be something of an earthquake if he could double that, which could be enough to turn the election. It’s also possible that by merely competing for the vote he could cut into some of the anti-Trump fervor and make moderate Whites more comfortable voting for Trump.

But Dems are especially vulnerable this year because they have put so much effort into turning out urban voters. The party, seized by identity politics, is supporting Black Lives Matter and Biden’s pick of Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate as part of an effort to bolster the turnout among both women and non-Whites.

One result is that Biden has refused to condemn the violence sweeping through the nation’s urban areas, at least in part because that would be tantamount to calling for the police to crack down. And that, in turn, would infuriate the Black Lives Matter movement, which is Marxist and anti-police." Michael Goodwin: At upbeat Republican Convention, speakers make strong pitch for Black votes | Fox News

I always get confused.
Now we DO care what athletes think?

Can you give me a heads up when we care about movies stars opinions and when we don’t?

I’ll be honest, given Trump’s success as a reality tv star I was expecting entertaining TV. This is his wheel house.
I missed the speach cause I found night 1 either ridiculous or worse, boring.

I’m sure it’s gonna get better but day 1 seemed a complete mess. Not what I was expecting.

7 Likes

May I never hate anyone but…that doesn’t include actions. When I consider the destruction of Democrat led cities around the nation and their coordinated walk away movement of it, not punishing anyone for this mayhem, that just motivates this destruction even more…yes…I hate these actions/inactions.

1 Like