Obstruction Poll

64% of Americans said they thought trying and failing to obstruct justice is as bad or worse than obstruction of justice.

So I’m guessing the 36% of Americans that don’t think attempting to obstruct justice is bad are probably Trump supporters. I’m guessing his diehard base support will be around that level.

My issue with this narrative though is that I feel Trump obstructed Justice by firing Comey, directing subordinates to lie and other things revealed in the report. Simply because he didn’t fully shut down the investigation doesn’t mean it was only an attempt.

Then by all means. Impeach 45! Good luck. May the force ne with you.

4 Likes

So what is your point exactly? I’m betting the majority of Americans also believe murder is wrong. So what??? :confused:

The real question should have been whether or not Americans believe Trump obstructed justice, not whether they believe obstruction of justice is good or bad.

36% of the population that think that are the same 36% who give Trump a good approval rating.

That’s a mixed bag.

Anywhere from 50-60% think the Mueller report shows Trump obstructed justice depending on what poll you look at.

Most however (54% the last post I saw) don’t really want Congress to do anything about it or investigate further. They don’t think we’ll learn anything about Trump and his character that we already don’t know.

It doesn’t matter what people believe. Republicans don’t care about possible obstruction. As long as Trump is their King, all is good.

2 Likes

There are polls that ask that… but the question on this poll is brilliant anyway because you know Trump supporters will hedge their bets just in case they finally have to admit he did try to obstruct justice.

Quite the opposite happened. Mueller had unfettered access to everything he wanted. That hardly qualifies as obstruction or even attempted obstruction.

First off the Mueller investigation was a fraud for using the Hillary paid for unverified Russian dossier to create the investigation, that’s your crime. The only obstruction is from the Democratic Party on that particular issue.

Trump did not obstruct anything. That’s just gossip. Mueller had unfettered access to Trumps staff, records and he never invoked executive privilege…

It’s over…

So what are you going to do about it? More complaining?

In 2020 cast my vote to oust Trump.

My representative and my Senators are the ones that can do something about it. And I voted for all of them.

They can. But they would rather complain.

1 Like

I suspect that is not the case. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine are my Senators. I bet they are in constant meetings on how to handle the Mueller report’s recommendation that Congress handle the potential obstruction charges.

Sure. And when exactly do you expect this to happen? Before or after Trump’s next supreme court pick?

That’s not how the investigation started.

Uh what?

Just sayin. To say that they move at a snail’s pace would be an insult to snails.

Yes, well that’s all nice but obstruction was ruled out by the Department of Justice because there was no collusion and no corrupt intent. So whatever your poll shows, it is not really relevant.
10% believed that attempted obstruction of justice was worse than successful corruption of justice? I think we have identified the crazy Trump hater percent of the population.

P.S. When trying to find the memo by Barr on Google, I came up with pages of what Vox, MSNBC, CNN, Washington Post, NYTs and other mainstream media had to say in attacking his position. I finally had to go to the DOJ website to find the actual memo. Just a comment on the nature of our search engines.

No he didn’t. The dotard never sat with him.