Objective Journalism from CNN? Really?

its relative… they are more objective the OAN or Newsmax.

This feels like an unquantifiable opinion to me, but I’ll have to trust you since I’ve never watched OAN or Newsmax.

Seriously? When has Dennis Miller ever purported himself to be, or been held up by others as a Journalist reporting the news?

When he hosted Weekend Update. :wink:

Doesn’t really matter though… the point is that both Fox and CNN have used a breaking news lower third while delivering editorial content.

1 Like

While only one was pretending to re reporting the news. The one cited in the OP.

What proof do you have that she was pretending to report the news instead of editorializing?

The ■■■■■■■ video I posted.

The video doesn’t prove that. Its a video of a woman giving her opinion.

Under the guise of reporting the news. That’s the whole point of the OP.

Addiction to smarmy sentimentality.

You keep claiming that, but the only evidence you’ve provided thus far is the breaking news lower third and I’ve shown other networks doing the same thing while deliverying opinion based content.

Upper left corner and at no point does she tell us this is opinion.

It was presented as “breaking news”.

No, you haven’t.

She’s clearly giving her opinion and there are plenty of similar videos of her giving her opinion on youtube as well.

Like how Hannity gave his opinion on the media’s reaction over Trump taking hydroxycholoquine above a break news lower third?

I provided 3 screenshots from Fox doing preciously that.

Upper left, not bottom crawler.

No you didn’t. upper left.

That doesn’t mean anything more than the lower third that both her and Hannity have used during opinion segments. What’s in the upper left is part of the background.

Yes, I did. “Upper left” to you too.

Yes it does, it means it’s breaking news she’s reporting on.

The bottom crawler just tells you what the breaking news is.