Objective Journalism from CNN? Really?

The “breaking news” is the election results which he is not reporting on. What he’s discussing is the pandemic.

In the OP’s cited example she’s reporting on “the breaking news”.

That wasn’t reporting, it was wholly and solely biased diatribe of opinion.

Don’t pretest to be reporting news when instead you are giving a completely biased diatribe.

Pretty simple.

Learn to understand the difference in reporting what someone else said, vs the “reporter” making statements of fact themselves and presenting their bias as news.

Who there is pretending to be reporting the news?

If someone doesn’t want to hear a cable news host’s opinion, they probably shouldn’t watch cable news.

When I watch Pardon the Interruption, I don’t watch just to get the scores, though I do want them to get the scores right.

You’re moving the goal posts.

No I’m not, read the OP.

It would be real nice to see the news just reported, instead of being told what to think about whatever they are talking about and then subjected purely partisan dishonest bull crap to boot.

Maybe those days are over.

Opinions and editorials are fine, reporters however need to learn the difference between the two and producers need to hold them to a basic journalistic standard.

Papers have for a hundred years or more done a good job of identifying their Op/Ed’s as opposed to news reporting.

The Networks used to do a very good job of it as well.

So its okay to have a Breaking News lower third even if you aren’t reporting the news?

They need to know the difference and it would be real nice if they would simply quit lying so much.

Not much to ask. :grin:

2 Likes

People can do whatever mental gymnastics they want to make themselves feel better. Always entertaining.

Who still watches cable news? And for the love of God why?

1 Like

People over 65.

What’s an internet?

Yeah…who would do that…

I’m just saying it’s 2020, not 2004.

Sure, if you aren’t pretending to be or reporting the news while giving an entirely biased diatribe.

Learn to read what is written.

I don’t know that I’ve seen a commercial outside of a Stiller game in a month…

Learn to read what is written.

Dennis Miller’s opinion is “breaking news”? Why would they use that lower third if its not breaking news?

How do you know she was pretending to deliver the news while giving an editorial? The clip has no context and you admitted in the OP to not even watching the whole thing. Her wording sounds like an editorial. Who uses the phrase “cover their asses” in a news report?

CNN is not objective. I think we’ve established that by now.