Obamacare survives

That’s not true Moscow Mitch negotiated a new proposed law with his fellow r senators, which went down in flames

Allan

Because the way things work now is so great? Even people with insurance are scared to use it.

How much does it cost compared to the F22?

You are not poor enough to get federal subsidies.

Those who get the subsidies are doing fine.

Allan

The better care reconciliation act of 2017, which proposed a gradual end to federal subsidies.

Mitch couldn’t get enough votes for it. So they went for a vote of the skinny repeal which of course McCain gave his famous thumbs down to both trump and Mitch.

And that was that.

Allan

of course they are, they get to use his money to pay for their insurance while he can’t afford it for himself.

2 Likes

Might have to sacrifice in other areas of your life to afford health insurance.

It’s known as priorities.

Allan

so he should bow to your arrogance? who the ■■■■ are you?

1 Like

If it’s important to you sacrifice, if it’s not you don’t.

It’s known as life.

Allan

if its not important to me why should i be forced to pay for it for somebody else? you are not entitled to my money

2 Likes

The overwhelming majority like it. Single payer health care has roughly the same support, thirteen percent, that abolishing all government healthcare does, fifteen percent

They are? News to me, last I checked most of them can’t afford the deductible.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true

It’s true.

The ACA begs to differ. If you don’t like it. Change it.

Whining about your money, it’s my money too

But in full disclosure I have a Cadillac plan which I contribute 300 bucks a month to and is subsidized by the big company in exchange for my labor.

Allan

I give you a 2020 poll and you cite something from 2019… okie dokie. May be try 1998 poll for gay marriage.

Also single payer does not require abolishing private insurance.

Lols. You missed the distinction that matters, abolishing private insurance that most people are happy with.

The support for single payer is much higher than you said. I am sure very few people support abolishing private insurance.

You don’t need to abolish private insurance for single payer to exist.

K?

Apparently we have a difference of opinion of what the word single means. You don’t have to abolish it for universal healthcare, you do for single payer.

from Single payer healthcare: Pluses, minuses, and what it means for you - Harvard Health

What is a single payer healthcare system?

In a single payer healthcare system, rather than multiple competing health insurance companies, a single public or quasi-public agency takes responsibility for financing healthcare for all residents.

Single payer does not preclude private insurance. Single payer applies to a type of insurance but not the only type of insurance.

Canada has a single payer system and allows for private insurance. England works a bit different with private facilities which are not paid for by the government.