Obamacare survives

Pretty hard to take seriously anything someone says when a hyperbolic garbage statement like that is part of someone’s presentation.

The GOP is not actively trying to kill people please get a grip.

3 Likes

How many people are enrolled in ACA? 9 Million? 12 Million?

I don’t consider that to be crazy talk. I also have nary a clue how to fix it. Little help anyone?

oublic option or medicare for all. preferably the later

The corollary would be that every presidential SC nominee should be given a timely hearing and vote.

Didn’t the Republicans have control of both the House of Reps and Senate in 2017 and 2018? Couldn’t they have passed Trump’s health care replacement of the ACA during that period?

Neither were the dems with the “death panels”

But that didn’t stop the right from lying about the ACA.

Allan

1 Like

The McConnell replacement went down in flames and even the “skinny repeal” went down due to 3 republican senators sinking the good ship repeal.

Allan

1 Like

“Today’s decision is the third installment in our epic Affordable Care Act trilogy, and it follows the same pattern as installments one and two. In all three episodes, with the Affordable Care Act facing a serious threat, the Court has pulled off an improbable rescue,” Alito wrote.

“No one can fail to be impressed by the lengths to which this Court has been willing to go to defend the ACA against all threats. A penalty is a tax. The United States is a State. And 18 States who bear costly burdens under the ACA cannot even get a foot in the door to raise a constitutional challenge,” the veteran conservative justice added.

"So a tax that does not tax is allowed to stand and support one of the biggest Government programs in our Nation’s history. Fans of judicial inventiveness will applaud once again, he added. "But I must respectfully dissent."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the meat of the matter…hammer…meet nail ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It had to be “repealed” before it could be “replaced.” Senator John McCain made sure it wasn’t repealed with his vote against “repeal.”

1 Like

why?
the GOP could have passed a bill that started out saying the ACA is repealed in part 1 and then part 2 would be the replacement

but the GOP never actually proposed a replacement

1 Like

It’s a tough answer and the only one that comes to mind…is a two-tier system and that won’t fly either.

Nonsense, it harms everyone paying for it for no benefit to themselves.

I don’t want a replacement.

Whilst I may not be aware of all of the nuances of the legislative process in the House of Reps and Senate, I would have thought that legislation could have been drawn up that replaces every word in the original ACA and with Trump’s “better and cheaper” health care act.

Of course, my comment is predicated on a Trump health care act actually existed. Admittedly, such a premise may have been wildly optimistic.

it is according to roberts. he spent his entire opinion explaining why it was and then said “its a tax”, which it was not, and no-one argued it was. which of course is another departure in his opinion from scotus norms.

decidedly untrue.

Nor much else needs to be said…Justice Alito was dead on right!

Thank you for this!

1 Like

…and it’s good to see you my friend. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

I looked at it a couple of weeks ago - can’t afford it.

1 Like