Obama worst president since WWII

There were some legitimate criticisms of some Obama failures around that time also. Obama’s intervention in Libya was generally look down upon for most people, there was a not very fun government shutdown and there was some negative response to some of the Fallout from that, and Obama’s early handling of Isis was pretty weak.

I suspect that long-term people are going to look at the lasting impact of the Obama presidency and what he handed to Trump and will be judged accordingly. And if we look at it from a trunk point of view it’s pretty good.

Bush II wins being the worst President in the last 100 years…hands down…period.

1 Like

Certainly, I just think that tribal politics have risen to new levels since 2000 and these polls have an innate % of each base that just vote for their team (i.e. Bush versus Obama in that poll, as the two obvious opposing choices…).

1 Like

I have grown to like the man, but yeah, revenge for daddy is a mark that will stain him forever.

Who?? Doesn’t ring a bell.

43 was bad. Carter was worse.

Allan

2 Likes

…and us. When I hear people say that Obama created ISIS, I think nope…Bush II owns them too.

According to the link i posted, Carter is the 26th most popular president. 4 places higher than Bush (43).

2014? Seems a little dated and hard to judge accuracy since he was not done with his tenure. But sure, I could go with it. Although I was not a fan of W. Bush or LBJ either. Nixon, of course is down there as well. And please, don’t get me started on Carter. Great guy. Horrific President.

A golden oldie. I bet if you had one from 2002. Bush 43 would have been way up there as the best presidents ever. Mission accomplished and all that rot. Hannity posters were in love with that man in 2002.

I (of course) was not fooled one bit.

But the low info people had a field day telling me how wrong I was. Lol

Allan

Carter is an excellent private citizen.

cic not so much

Allan

Before it is all said and done, he will have his cult convinced he was the only President ever. :man_facepalming:

Yes, but we’ve had a lot of stinkers as President since 1789. I can somewhat buy that Carter could be middle of the pack.

And there’s a lot to be said about post-presidential legacies for improving one’s public image. Worked like a miracle for Reagan.

Since that headline is out of sync with reality, why wouldn’t an OP check for recency or relevancy before posting it? Why wouldn’t the omission of trump call to question the date of the article?

The first and the last!

1 Like

I’ve noticed a lot of righties posting links with bombshell titles, but if you go read the link, you can easily see they didn’t even read what they are linking to. It’s the CEC dumbing them down.

2 Likes

The dude whose head is still stuck in your toilet, flush!!!

Factors that come into play:
1 age range of the respondents. What was the age and how many elections have they voted in. If I have only voted for two presidents since 2000, then I am guessing that number may flop toward Bush.
2. what were the issues that were paramount in determining the outcome. What questions did they ask.

I mean, seriously, I still think that Jimmy Carter was the worse president in my lifetime. I’m 52. So I am limited from my sphere of knowledge to the end of Nixon, Ford, Carter Reagan, Bush GHW, Clinton, Bush GW, and Obama. I cannot say in my truthfulness that OBAMA would be that guy as the worst.

Yes, he was bad. But Jimmy Carter tops my list of the worst

…minus the “too.”

They came to power due to the vacuum Bush created when we invaded Iraq and disbanded Iraq’s military without having anything in place to replace it. They were becoming a thing before there was even a US Senator Obama.