Obama worst president since WWII

I was kind of suprissed to see this in a let wing leaning paper (usa today). Survey says: Obama worst since World War 2.

“Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel,” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Then USA downplays it:

Of course, Obama and Bush are the most recent presidents; historians will tell you that it takes decades to truly measure an individual president’s performance.

But still people think Obama was the worst, but the media adores him :smiley:

Fire away I’ve got my bullet proof vest on and fire resistant suit.

1 Like

That the problem with the passage of time everybody forgets that rotten ■■■■ heel LBJ in these polls

I’m not surprised. Those that hated Obama probably still hate him, and vice versa. I fully believe that our current President will only make prior holders of that job look better as time goes on.

Look at the date of your article.

5 Likes

I stand by my statement like it was 2014.

Lol!

10 char

It aged well.

That’s less people than who think Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.

Your poll only shows how effective tribal politics, and the media constructs around it, are in 2018.

awww crap.

I bet it didn’t change much in 2 years however.

(checks the armor – yup that one went all the way through)

1 Like

You mean in 2014. Look at the date of the article.

I don’t know how to tell you this but the year is 2018 not 2016.

3 Likes

You should check out Obama’s approval rating when he left office. It was very good.

1 Like

Actually.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see the demographics of the poll respondents. My first thought is there is a profound recency effect. That has skewed the mass of responses to Bush and Obama as they comprise 16 years of the presidency. Add in Clinton and that’s 24 years. That’s a long time especially if you’re polling people of early middle and middle age. Add to that the fact that the vitriol in politics in general has ramped up since the Clinton administration and you get a pretty polarizing trend. There have been worse presidents since both of them. But most don’t remember that far back.

I see that now, so a middle of the last term “popularity poll” when the CEC was spending every minute proclaiming Obama was Satan incarnate and 2/3 of the base thinks he is a Muslim plant born in Kenya.

And this is supposed to be noteworthy?

I’ve noticed lately that righties like to post links here, with big splashy titles, that don’t match up or corroborate what point they are trying to make. Do you just not read your own links?

Except it’s been 4 years.

And it did change, but that can’t get in the way of some good click bait!

Should we change the title of the thread to “Trumpist finds old poll that confirms his view of President Obama. Rational people not shocked.”?

2 Likes

Oops :slight_smile: