Obama. The Worst President in American History?

A list of your personal opinions do not constitute facts, n matter how hard you wish they do.

1 Like

That’s true. However, a list of facts constitutes facts, no matter how hard you wish it weren’t so.

I’m about as lib as it gets, but Nixon was actually a very effective President. If not for Watergate, I think he would be top three on most lists. But of course we can’t ignore corruption in that office, which in time will cement Trump’s standing at the bottom.

1 Like

Who controls federal revenue and spending, again?

As I have always said…Jimmy Carter.
https://www.google.com/search?query=Jimmy+Carter+misery+index&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us#imgrc=FJgrXBU5YJtLZM

Greatest misery index increase of modern post WW2 presidents. With Nixon right behind.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just because he runs as an independent doesn’t mean he is one.

You know, for not being a Democrat, he sure agrees with them on a regular basis
quite often, and is seen with them on a regular basis. When Bernie ran for President
in 2016 which party did he run under?

There is a woman in my town that’s on the board here, and she says that she’s
an independent. The only problem is, when I talked politics with her she
had no Conservative point of views what-so-ever! They were all Liberal!

I think that Bernie has people confused on what an independent really means.
An independent is someone that isn’t just Liberal, but has opinions and views
on both sides of the spectrum. Like Rand Paul, and Mit Romney aren’t really Conservatives,
they’re more like independents or moderate Republicans. Sanders is so far left that he
makes the Clintons look sane!!! lol.

1 Like

I don’t think Obama will rate that high, but otherwise I think that’s a pretty good list.
I didn’t like Clinton at the time, but in retrospect I have to admit he was a pretty good president. I would also put him 3 or 4 from the top.

You may be right. It’s too early to tell how Trump will wind up. If Nixon was judged only by his first two years he would be on top of the list.

Unfortunately what Trump is most likely to be remembered for is having the most dysfunctional administration in modern history along with the “Russian Collusion” meme.

2 Likes

If he gets the wall built, that alone would put him at number 1.

1 Like

? The corruption within his own cabinet has been an embarrassment. The fact he tolerated it from Price for so long is even worse.

He’s had a higher turnover with people leaving of their own accord during his first two years that has been the worst in memory, hence the dysfunction.

The more likely outcome is that he will cave on it under pressure over the shutdown. The federal gov’t is responsible for about 40% of our GDP and a prolonged shutdown is going to have devastating economic consequences.

I don’t think so. It’ll take more than that and it’ll take complete term/terms of good results.
Trump is locked into the Wall because it was a major campaign promise. It’s probably one he regrets making.

Cleaning the swamp, and taking out the trash.

I hope that he doesn’t cave. What are the democrat politicians without their precious
government telling people what to do, and how to act? lol

1 Like

I believe he’ll get the wall done. Mainly because if he doesn’t, or atleast if it’s not like 75 percent or more done come 2020, he aint getting reelected.

Again, I don’t agree. The American voter has a memory about 6 months long. Trump can announce that he’s found new technology that is better and cheaper than a wall and he’s decided that’s the way we should go. By the 2020 election, no one will remember the wall.

That would only be true if his opponents within both parties didn’t constantly remind us of it and if this becomes a prolonged shutdown the economic chaos that results will be a daily reminder right up through election day.

Also with it being one of the core issues he ran on and has governed on the disaffected independents and dem’s that were responsible for his victory won’t forget it period.

If it were any other issue though you’d probably be right.

1 Like

His own administration and campaign have been filled with swamp rats.

Most(but not all) of Washington D.C. in general I think is filled with swamp rats.

I could never be a politician, because I’m too honest. I’d get eaten alive on the first day! lol.

1 Like

I would think that Trump can’t be that bad. Why? because I don’t trust most people
in Washington D.C., and I think that both sides are corrupt. I’m merely supporting the
side that I find or think is less corrupt, and has a little bit more morals, than the other side.

The fact that Trump keeps getting rid of people, simply tells me that the people he’s getting
rid of probably are corrupt, and/or can’t be trusted. But the media, and the Democrats
are always going to try and spin it in a negative way. Personally, I think it’s a positive thing.

1 Like