Obama administration that never was

That simply isn’t true that business experience is irrelevant.

Once again you are correct that statistics isn’t political. However within the context of this discussion, interpretation of the data is very much political.

Yes by and large it is.

Owning and running a business does not require an understanding of macroeconomics.

I didn’t interpret your data. I didn’t even offer a competing analysis.

I pointed out the flaws in your methodology to indicate your conclusions were not supported by the data and analysis you chose.

This is a subtle but distinct difference.

And indirectly you are demonstrating a hidden a priori assumption of your own (probably hidden even from your conscious self).

You assume that by proving your conclusions do not flow from your analysis, I am automatically stating another conclusion is true.

I’m not. I’m stating your conclusions do not follow from your analysis and nothing more.

You did point to your disagreement. That doesn’t mean my analysis was flawed. Despite your claim otherwise, this is very partisan for you. You subscribe to the LW notion that Trump’s economy is an extension of Obama’s. Any analysis or conclusions at odds with that notion must inherently be flawed.

But you are missing a key step that our Kremlin inspired Administration has failed to take. Obama must be erased from the history books, his picture most not be seen. Otherwise people will retain the memory of his Administration and dream of restoration.

You should demand this of the Trump Administration. Otherwise they are no doing their jobs!

Not at all. That’s why I deliberately stayed away from offering my own analysis and focused on your methdology.

I actually have another hypothesis about government action and the economy that is not partisan and backed up with solid macroeconomic principles…and that is government effects to stimulate the economy either through spending or tax cuts are ephemeral and don’t affect the economy for all that long.

And that neither the supply side nor the Keynsian approach benefits the wage earner long-term because of certain fundamental shifts that have taken place over the last 30-40 years.

But you show me an analysis that’s not flawed in its methodology and I might change my mind.

You’ve piqued my interest. Start a thread and let’s explore. But to be fair you will have to offer some of your own analysis rather than simply disparage mine.

I did. My analysis wasn’t flawed. My conclusions were sound, but at odds with yours.

And also, know your homophones.

Know your historical quotes.

You say this as if Trump just owns a corner hot dog cart…

He has built a business empire with interests in countries all over the world. I believe he understands macroeconomics far better than you do. Unless you think someone just accidentally makes billions of dollars.

I said nothing about the scale of the business.

You don’t need to be an economic genius to make billions as a rentier who had a huge head start provided to him by his father.

So this really is about your hatred of Trump? What else would account for your inaccurate description of Trump?

Trump built a real estate empire employing 20,000 plus people. He isn’t a simple rentier as you point out.

He’s a rentier.

Not even remotely accurate.

Absolutely 100% accurate.

Your problem is you don’t even know what a rentier is.

I know exactly what it is. It is a pejorative term coined by Marxists. A google search is dominated by LW material railing against what they perceive to be leaches needing to be controlled by the heavy hand of government.

Trump is a self-made billionaire and successful business man who employs 22,000 people. You can slander him and recite LW talking points till you are blue in the face. Won’t change a thing.

Economic rent is a real thing.

It is not a “perjorative term invented by Marxists”.

Being a rentier is not exclusive of being an employer of people.

I’ve heard that Trump got a million from his dad. Very substantial to most people. But if he has made even a single billion (and he’s made several), that’s 1000 times growth. Could you do that? Pardon my skepticism.

No one gets to play on the world stage of business without knowing what they’re doing. Do you think other business people around the world would let Trump into their world if Trump didn’t have what it took to not just get in, but stay in. Who do you think would even sit down with someone to make a multi million dollar deal if either party thought the other person didn’t have the resources to back their end of the deal up? And, if Trump were the idiot you like to believe, he would long ago been cleaned out and left broke on the side of the street and living in obscurity.

Keep underestimating him though, at least through the 2020 election. He’s counting on you to help him win again!

Donald Trump got far more than a simple million dollar loan from his father.

As for the rest…I didn’t say Trump was a “business idiot”. Far from it.

Your issue again is you believe we live in a meritocracy…that if you’re wealthy it’s because you added value to the world.

Far…from…it.

1 Like