NYC nitwits get what they deserve: Newly elected DA, Alvin Bragg, will stop most criminal prosecutions

:roll_eyes:

My goodness. Give it up, man! Even Mayor De Blasio Admits Bail Reform Responsible For Increase In NYC Crime.

JWK

“We often give enemies the means of our own destruction.” – Aesop. Witness the dangerous stranglehold the Chinese Communist Party now exercises over the production of our nation’s necessities.

I just think it’s cool you can commit violent crimes involving deadly weapons and large amounts of money and get a slap on the wrist for them. I’m happy for liberals getting what they voted for.

1 Like

You’re avoiding the question. Do you believe one’s wealth should be the deciding factor on whether or not they are able to go back out on the streets until trial?

Who did that and only got a slap on the wrist?

:roll_eyes:
And you’re avoiding the fact that “bail reform” is responsible for a surge in crime in a number of cities across the United States.

JWK

Do you believe one’s wealth should be the deciding factor on whether or not they are able to go back out on the streets until trial?

Apparently everyone in this district can now.

I believe you are intentionally avoiding the fact that recent bail reform in Democrat controlled cities is mostly responsible for crime surges in those jurisdictions.

JWK

So you disagree with what is in the memo regarding alternatives to incarceration? No chance for rehab?

Do you believe one’s wealth should be the deciding factor on whether or not they are able to go back out on the streets until trial?

If someone pulls a gun or a knife on me, they’re gonna end up dead or at least have their ass in prison for a long time. But now a knife or an unloaded gun is cause for rehab with no consequences apparently.

As pointed out earlier, those are being treated as hardly anything now. You support that? No penalties for grand larceny or crimes committed with firearms and knives?

1 Like

You do enjoy comparing apples to bananas. When we are talking about bail reform here, we are talking about the insane policy of reducing such crimes as armed robbery to a misdemeanor so the perp, even repeat offenders, can return to the streets where he/she will more than likely continue in a life of crime and inflict misery upon hard working members of the community.

JWK

I believe for first time offenses in which no one was physically harmed and if a firearm was involved it was fake or unloaded, and the property value is less than $1,000, should be offered an alternative to incarceration via some sort of program, community service, and/or probation.

So, you then disagree with NYC’s reform which is letting career criminals back out on the streets after reducing their felony crimes to midomeanors?

JWK

I’ve already stated numerous times that people who are likely to be a repeat offender should not be release on to the streets before their trial. Do you believe one’s wealth should be the deciding factor on whether or not they are able to go back out on the streets until trial? It’s a simple yes or no question.

I don’t believe repeat offenders should be released on recognizance before their trial, or at least not without some sort of monitoring.

So … How is it going? Are we here yet?

I left long ago, but I will admit, I miss my old apt and the neighborhood

JWK

But that’s not what’s happening here. As has been demonstrated… am I losing my freakin mind? Wasn’t there a news article about how this isn’t the case?

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of. All the articles I’ve seen are about rearrests of people out on bail.