NYC nitwits get what they deserve: Newly elected DA, Alvin Bragg, will stop most criminal prosecutions

Like I said, give it a break. You continue to avoid my answer to you HERE

:roll_eyes:

Are you pulling my leg? How does:

answer this question:

There you go again with bait and switch. Those two links were directly in response to your comment to me:

“The issue is that you think your opinions are substantiated when they aren’t”.

The links I provided substantiated specific opinions of mine, contrary to your above assertion about me.

And now, I will take previous advice given to me about feeding a troll.

JWK

For starters thats not a question, thats a statement.

And I responded to your response pointing out that your links don’t substantiate the opinions you have expressed. Are you going to actually explain how those articles on bail reform substantiate your opinions on the outcome of Bragg’s memo despite the fact that only part of his memo was about bail? Or are you just completely throwing away your OP and now focusing just on bail?

And now, I will take previous advice given to me about feeding a troll.

What a strange world we live in where I’m the troll for trying to continue the conversation with a person who just pastes the same thing over and over again.

Getting back to the subject of the thread,

Since the soft on criminal type of policies were adopted in NYC a few years back, which are not only being advocated by Alvin Bragg, but being enhanced, criminal activities in NYC’s subways is getting out of control. And so much so that NYC media is advising

NYC subway crime: Officials urge riders to stay alert amid rise in muggings and robberies - ABC7 New York

“But robberies are up too - 18% percent compared to this time last year, as ridership has doubled.”

ALSO READ NYC subway crime: NYPD statistics show robberies fueling increase in violence - ABC7 New York

This is what happens when nitwits in government coddle criminals.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

Neither of those articles state that the increase in crime was caused by criminal reform policies. How can you be sure its policies that are leading to an increase and not other factors? Life is different then it was a few years ago before Covid. Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

When it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck … it must be a freaken duck!

etc, etc., etc…

The crimes committed by those released under “bail reform” would not have occurred had those criminals been locked up in jail where they belong.

1 Like

I can’t help but to see the correlation in this video to the topic.

This is why ornithologists shouldn’t work in criminal justice reform.

Sounds like an issue with those in charge of deciding who should be released on bail and who should be kept in jail until trial. I personally think any person involved in a violent crime that wasn’t a crime of passion should remain in jail until trial.

But again I repeat myself, his memo was only partly about bail reform and most of it was focused on alternative sentencing. So I don’t understand why you keep posting articles about people released on bail thinking its substantiates your opinions instead of articles about offenders who were sentenced to some program or community service instead of jailtime and then went to offend again.

I hope you reimburse the house for the mics you break.

Sounds like he might be mentally ill. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Can you please provide an example of a leftist who supports Constitutional carry?

2 Likes

Too bad they don’t allow more constitutional carry up there.

The victims could break up some of those crimes themselves. :+1:

So, as is usually the case with you, you offer not rebuttal and engage in stupid debating tricks. In this instance, deflection on a grand scale.

JWK

What the heck, John? Disagreeing with you is not a “stupid debating trick”.

What’s wrong with this response? I addressed bail reform and then explained by your examples don’t substantiate your opinions on non-bail reform related areas that the memo addresses.

Perhaps by ignoring what I wrote and reusing the same images over and over again its actually you who is using “stupid debating tricks”?

Fess up my friend. The crimes committed by those released under “bail reform” would not have occurred had those criminals been locked up in jail where they belong.

Seem quite clear to me that when it comes to “bail reform” and its devastating consequences, you

JWK

1 Like

Are we having two different conversations or are you asserting that you can predict the outcome of enacting a policy of sentences that offer alternatives to incarceration with that of people who get rearrested while out on bail, something that happens before sentencing?

I’m unsure of what truth you think I’m denying regarding bail reform. As I’ve seen several times, if people out on bail are getting rearrested then the problem is that they are letting people out on bail who shouldn’t be. Seems that if there’s a rise in rearrests then it doesn’t mean we should bring back cash bail, it means Judges were previously setting bail for people who shouldn’t allowed out on bail and they just happened to not be able to pay it.

Did you miss the following?

Fess up my friend. The crimes committed by those released under “bail reform” would not have occurred had those criminals been locked up in jail where they belong.

Obviously… the trick is keeping the ones that belong in jail until their trial and letting those who don’t out on personal recognizance. Or is your preference to get rid of bail all together and keep everyone locked up until trial?

:roll_eyes:

There is no “trick” about it. There is common sense. You simply do not reduce felony charges to misdemeanors, and then allow these criminals back on the streets with a Desk Appearance Ticket. Nor do you release on bail career criminals to away their trial.

JWK

Unless bail was being denied, they were able to get back on the streets assuming they had the money to post bail… so basically the deciding factor on who gets back on the streets and who doesn’t is how much money they have… do you think that’s what should be the deciding factor on who gets to get back on the streets and who doesn’t?