NYC Mayoral race

How preferential voting works, and I am presuming it is the equivalent of ranked voting, the candidate with the lowest total is eliminated and those who voted for that candidate their votes are transferred to whomever they placed second. This process continues eliminating the lowest candidate and their votes are transferred to the remaining candidates. This continues until a candidate has accrued 50% + 1 vote. Whoever that candidate is wins.

Dunno what that entails underneath the surface, but venture capitalist tech bro stuff sounds just fine.

Looks like Eric Adams is winning, not a prophet but not sure how he could be worse than De Blasio. It helps to start with the bar set so low with your predecessor. Good look to those living in NYC hope he makes it better and safer.

I did too at around that time. Due to a lack of a better choice. I don’t believe I was on one side exclusively. If you’re right, you’re right. I think sometimes Curtis just didn’t understand what Kuby was saying. But man was Kuby annoying. I can still hear his high pitched whine in my ears to this day. I wish we had smart phones back then.

Yeah, look how well tech bros running the planet has worked out the last ten years. Why wouldn’t we want more of that.

Yang is a total lightweight who was in the presidential race just for clout, ran on a single issue where he claimed a thousand bucks a month would solve every problem in the world and in the New York mayoral race he didn’t really live in the city and promised a return to the Bloomberg/Ray Kelly model of policing.

He’s a bum as a politician. As a policy wonk in a narrow specific field he’d be fine but the last thing we need is WeWork for the New York City government.

Yang also kowtowed to the demands of Hasidic community in an effort to get their vote.

There is something about NYC politics that people will throw all reason out the window to get that voting bloc.

What size are yours?

Which specific policies are you talking about ?

“Why would they like Adams then?”

Could it be because there is a variety of people from a variety of groups in NYC and black & brown voters are nowhere near on the same page as white liberals?

I would use the term “elitist liberals” who live in their exclusive neighborhoods in multimillion dollar mansions yet think they know what’s best for all of us.