NY video on a vaccine hesitant town

They don’t. They’re assuming.

Well, my friend had a report from the lab showing him it was delta. I wish I asked him why they tested for that.

Now there was a “report”?

???

What does that mean?

Paper?

I doubt it.

I get my labs online. How about you?

I’d like to see your friend’s. Personal information redacted of course.

How would you suggest I get that?

“Hey XXXX, remember last night at the bar when you told me you had Delta, and I asked, ‘how do you know it was Delta?’ and you said ‘They tested for it and sent me a report,’ well, would you mind sending me a copy of that report so I can post it on the internet because this guy who goes by ‘SneakySFDude’ thinks I’m a liar.”

Yeah, I’m not gonna bother with that.

But here you go - maybe this is how it happened:

At the start of July, New Jersey was testing about one in 10 diagnoses to identify which strain caused the infection.

https://www.njspotlight.com/2021/08/covid-19-delta-variant-new-cases-spiking/

1 Like

No they weren’t.

Proof they are lying?

Or is this just more hot air?

Proof “NJ Spotlight News” ever saw state data?

Who are LILO H. STAINTON, COLLEEN O’DEA?

LILO H. STAINTON

HEALTH CARE WRITER

Lilo H. Stainton has covered New Jersey for two decades, much of it with Gannett newspapers, reporting on public policy, national political conventions and the 9/11 attack on lower Manhattan. She later served as press secretary to Gov. Jon S. Corzine and led a nonprofit coalition’s successful advocacy for federal funding in the wake of Superstorm Sandy. She joined NJ Spotlight News fulltime in 2016 to cover health care.

Doctor? PhD?

How about this one?

COLLEEN O’DEA

SENIOR WRITER AND PROJECTS EDITOR

Colleen O’Dea has spent her entire career reporting New Jersey news and won numerous state and national journalism awards and fellowships. She joined NJ Spotlight News in 2011 and now serves as its data reporter, as well as covering general assignment topics that include elections, politics, housing and corrections.

Why should I believe them?

Two women doing their own “research and analysis” is proof of…

Probably from home.

1 Like

Proof that they are liars?

Why should you think they are liars?

Proof they are “experts”?

Why not?

Who said they were experts?

Proof that they are liars?

And this is why political debate has broken down. People are all too comfortable calling into question realities that challenge their goals. Rather than accept reality, it’s totally normal now to just claim that reality is wrong. that simple facts are lies, that nothing that confronts your desires is true.

The reason you consider them liars is, that’s easier for your political needs than to admit they are not.