NY Post: Rape Surges 11% in NYC . .

Still grasping at straws, I see.

1 Like

:rofl: You posted that.

2 Likes

non comprende?

maybe because not getting killed is not news, most people don’t.

Ooops

Fat-finger typo. I think I just accidentally flagged your posr.

My bad.

1 Like

so murdering someone isnt news but raping one is.

that doesnt make sense.

Allan

It is also not the topic of thread. If you want to discuss NY excellent murder rate make a thread about it.

2 Likes

As do the migrants.

Christian Inga, a Venezuelan migrant who lived in Corona, was arrested for the rape of a 13-year-old girl at knifepoint in a Queens park on June 13 after cops released a police sketch and surveillance photo of him.

Yes, we can here all the victims saying “PRAISE JESUS I WAS ONLY RAPED! THANK YOU JOE, ERIC AND KATHY! YOUR POLICIES ARE WONDERFUL!!” “AND THANK YOU TOO, ALVIN FOR LETTING THESE WONDERFUL HUMANITARIANS LOOSE BECAUSE THEY’RE SUCH A BENEFIT TO OUR SOCIETY!”

Just gives you goosebumps, huh Libs?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

5 Likes

“Rapes are up, but XYZ is down, so it’s OK!”

These idiots don’t even listen to their own thoughts before their mouth flatuates. :rofl:

4 Likes

Reading not your thing?

He’s using sample-size error and pretends he does not know it.

Murders and other violent crime is down nationally. It has been receding for years with mandatory minimums, three-strikes laws, and the aging of society and NYC is no exception. “NYC follows national trend” is not even noteworthy, yet alone newsworthy.

Is murder in NYC dow 15.2% YtD? Yes, but since we working with numbers so small, (195 vs 230) tiny fluctuations in the data can create large fluctuations in percentage terms.

35 fewer murders in NYC YtD? Yes, but HALF of that reduction occurred because of a reduction in a single month.

6/14-7/14 last year was violent and this year is peaceful

And then of course, we should consider drunk-driving fatalities charges as murders . . .

SOURCE: https://www.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs-en-us-city.pdf

1 Like

You nailed it at, “He pretends to know.” :wink:

2 Likes

You mean like 11 percent spikes in rapes?

1 Like

Dealing with a base (sample size) of 800 vs dealing with a base of 200 are very different things.

EX
“Number of meteors striking Colorado spikes doubles!!!”
(Un yeah it went from1 to 2)
You know this. Yu know what sample-size error is.
Why pretend to be ignorant?

As I keep saying. I liked the libs better in the old days when they pretended to be smart,

1 Like

Did you read the article you posted?
The article talks about a 300-400 percent spikes in some areas because the numbers are so small. Did you write the author an email telling how you liked when post story authors were at least pretending to be smart

I know you like to revert to condescension when confronted with how you love to use numbers so let’s keep going

Sometimes it takes a reduction in a single month to have an outsized effect on total numbered especially if the police specifically targeted that particular month for reduction

See the thing is that you are allowed to juggle numbers and massage them to prove your point but when anybody else does it the condescension kicks in :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sample size 800
– vs –

sample size 200 (with a single-month accounting for half the change)

This is such a perfect admission. In a city of 8m

1 Like

You should take that positive attitude and go help the national guard in NYC subways.

2 Likes

Yes i understand that part. The part you are ignoring is that 800 is still a small sample size just bigger than 200 and even at 800 fluctuations will seem larger but obviously not as large 200.

Everybody got your game with numbers.