NY GOP Rep Chris Collins Arrested by FBI for Insider Trading

Well. He broke the lawā€¦ Iā€™m fine with him being locked up.

But everyone knows that the reason he is on trial is totally separate from his actual crime. In that respect those posters are not wrong, the only reason heā€™s on trial is politics.

The case against him was basically dropped until all this.

1 Like

Not true. He is being tried on crimes as late as 2016, I believe. He has been doing this illegal thug crap continuously for years.

Well, he is right? Can you name another time someone was refused bail before they were even convicted of a crime?!

(I gave myself a headache just typing that)

2 Likes

I was listening to this charge earlier andā€¦are you kidding me? This turd is guilty as hell. He deserves his day in court but IMOā€¦the only winner will be the lawyer he cuts a check to.

1 Like

I guess thatā€™s true if you want to pretend that we had all the facts about him before. Heā€™s actually being investigated now and the more they investigate they more they find that heā€™s a crook. So Iā€™m going to just put you down in the column of ā€œManafort is a political prisonerā€.

So you would not vote for him or encourage others to vote for him in November?

Guessing there will be a revision in the Cook Report from lean republicanā€¦

Chris Collins suspends reelection campaign following insider trading charges

Looking more an more like a bonus seat in the house for the DNC

Yup. If I were on the jury and what is out there were all that I had to go on, Iā€™d vote guilty. No question about it.

Question is moot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/chris-collins-new-york-congressman-suspends-re-election-bid-after-insider-trading-charges/ar-BBLMIGN?li=BBnb7Kz

I donā€™t think ā€œmootā€ is the word youā€™re looking for.

I donā€™t follow.

You quoted the whole sub-thread. What part donā€™t you follow?

I addressed the question, ā€œWould you vote for him?ā€ He has withdrawn from running, so the question is moot ā€“ as in ā€œof no importanceā€ at this point.

I guess you missed reflechissezā€™s reply, where he or she called into question your use of the term ā€œmootā€, which seemed perfectly apropos to me.

OK, thanks. Thatā€™s why I asked. Your response could just as easily been agreeing with her confusion about ā€œmootā€ as questioning it. Itā€™s so easy to misinterpret replies around here.

You can still write him in. LOL

Allan

Heā€™s not off the ballot yet. Itā€™s not entirely clear how the GOP can get him off the ballot, other than put him elsewhere on the ballot for another seat.

As well, heā€™s the Conservative Party nominee and theyā€™ll need to find a way to get him off the ballot, too.

So, while Collins has indeed suspended campaigning, the question of whether or not one votes for him is most definitely not moot until he is confirmed to be removed from the ballot.

Or, actually, the question is actually most definitely debatable, so it most definitely is moot.

Things continue to look bad for this guyā€¦

Collins still holds about 2.6 million shares of Innate, worth some $780,000 as of Monday. As recently as last month, Collins continued to introduce legislation that could help Innate

In July, Collins introduced a proposed bill that would remove infusion drugs (administered by needle) from a federal program called 340B that requires the pharmaceutical industry to sell drugs at steep discounts to hospitals serving poor patients. Many infusion drugs are used to treat deadly diseases like cancer and HIV and can costs tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.

Innate said in April it is developing a cancer treatment that could become an infusion drug, according to the companyā€™s U.S. patent application for the treatment.

If the treatment becomes an infusion drug and if Collinsā€™ bill becomes law, it would mean millions in additional profits for Innate

1 Like

a bunch of us said that Trump and the boys were gonna come to DC and show the politicians what real corruption and greed looks like. itā€™s exposed more every day.

1 Like

The wheels turn slowly but they do turnā€¦

3 Likes