Ny ag moves to dissolve the nra

The NRA surely knows who their “marks” are. One of the biggest grifter organizations ever to exist. All they have to say is “we love guns and hate libs” and the dummies line up to get their pockets picked.

14 Likes

Couldn’t they simply reorganize in a different state?

Probably.

This is about the NRA charity wing. She is not going after the NRA lobbing wing.
As I understand it, the individuals mentioned did not do their fiduciary responsibilities as required by law.
And the kicker is that the NRA Board Of Directors were aware of it and did not take the appropriate steps to stop the behavior of the leadership.

1 Like

If so…move out of state.

Personally I like 2nd amendment foundation…SAF.

This is precisely the kind of posts that get threads moved.

I don’t disagree. The NRA drifted into failure. The funny thing is, most of the good states have a state rifle association already in place. All they need is an umbrella.

Where are you getting that info? Nothing I have read differentiates between charitable and lobbying.

The State grants them their status as a charitable organization. I believe that they have the power to pull their status if they can prove that they violated state laws.

Here is a link.

Some thoughts…

I did not know the NRA was a “charitable” organization. Not good if they filed that way. They are an advocacy and lobby entity…at least that is how they sell it to the membership.

The expenses do sound outlandish. Punishing the organization isn’t appropriate.

The investigation dates back to April 2019.

This will appear politically motivated and spur a reaction from all gun owners and advocates on November 3.

The NY AG also went after NRA sponsors and vendors.

Much of NY remains in ruins and boarded up after protests turned into looting and vandalism.

Let’s see what happens next.

:man_shrugging:t3:

But it’s all one organization.

She said that it was about the NRA Foundation which is separate from their lobbing arm.

Not sure about the laws, not expert nor pretend to be one. But being a national organization the state can only pull the state lics. They can easily move to another state. Either way thou the accusation is enough to harm NRA with their donor base. And maybe…just maybe that is their intentions.

Can you link to something.? I have not seen anything like that.

That makes more sense and is not reflected in any of the headlines I saw…Not surprising at all I suppose.

Season 2 of the Gangster Capitalism podcast details NRA leadership issues in great detail. Gets a bit political at points, but not overtly so (it’s critical of LaPierre’s Sandy Hook response)

Season 1, on the college admissions scandal, is well done too in exploring Rick Singer

(Interesting to me that something called Gangster Capitalism deals entirely with nonprofit organizations)

3 Likes

New York’s attorney general sued the National Rifle Association on Thursday, seeking to put the powerful gun advocacy organization out of business over allegations that high-ranking executives diverted millions of dollars for lavish personal trips, no-show contracts for associates and other questionable expenditures.

The NRA out of business.

A complete restructuring, re-branding and move are in order.

1 Like

Maybe she isn’t quite sure how that is actually done?

Just a thought.

You are a discerning person. Well done.