Ny ag moves to dissolve the nra

Maybe he would have quit, before people started threatening his golden parachute. Now he’s got to stay and fight for it. And the NRA members will pay for it all, either way.

1 Like

This investigation has been going on for year +

Whenever it was that Wayne’s expensive tastes on the NRA dime hit the news from the Oliver North vs LaPierre fight.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads

My understanding of the Trump case was that the Foundation agreed to dissolve as part of a stip agreement. Whether the AG has the power to force the dissolution by force of law seems unanswered.

According to Joyce Vance, who has been a Federal Prosecutor for over 25 years, they posses this ability.

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1291398310532710401

And yes, while it is true that the Trump charity settled, and part of the settlement agreement was the dissolution of the Charity, had they not entered into a settlement, then the AG could have continued to pursue it to the end.

1 Like
Mod Note

You guys have been warned twice. If you continue to try to turn this into a Trump thread, it’s going to get moved and locked.

Ollie threatened to expose LaPierre’s “lavish tastes on the membership dime” and LaPierre backed by a 76 member Board ousted then president Oliver North and deleted him from the ballot of the upcoming election.

1 Like

Non-profit officers are able to receive salaries of course.

These same kinds of charges happened a few years ago as well.

La Pierre made more than $5M in 2015.

I forgot about Oliver North in this story. Did he leave because he knew there was bad stuff going on?

1 Like

This isn’t about his salary.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/04/27/nra-chief-wayne-lapierre-claims-hes-being-extorted-by-oliver-north-hes-standing-his-ground/
The NRA’s chief executive, Wayne LaPierre, wrote a letter to the board Thursday accusing North of plotting to remove him from the group by threatening to release to the board “damaging” information about LaPierre. North continued his resignation letter by saying he believes the NRA should establish a committee to review the organization’s finances, which he said constitute a “clear crisis” that “needs to be dealt with” if the NRA wants to continue to be a viable organization.

1 Like

That link was taken down or broken by including other text.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads

thanks- fixed it

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads

So now Trump is tweeting that the NRA should just pick up and move to Texas. And the Texas AG tweeted that they would be welcomed.
It doesn’t work that way, and Trump should know that or he would have moved the Trump Foundation before it got desolved.

At first I did think that the NYAG was just going after the NRA Foundation since she mentioned them by name. However after more reporting I do now understand that she is going after the whole organization.
And I think she has the evidence to prove that they did a whole bunch of no-no’s.

1 Like

Hard to believe anyone can reach that level of public office being so utterly stupid.

Her stated goal is to totally dismantle, destroy and run what’s left of the organization out of NY.

Wayne LaPierre? I agree. Completely and utterly stupid.

4 Likes